That "other" forum ....

C_D
Site Admin

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Well, this is interesting. I dropped by RI the other day - as I do most days - and noticed that Harvey had started a thread, which I took a look at.
It's well intentioned Harv, but most probably fruitless - they have a standard ethos and everything else is blasphemy. Always worth a try, though.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=40608

In jumps slad:
In answer to your accusations I have no special magical powers here.....I just want to make that perfectly clear
if you have proof please provide
and tell your buddy it was 6 hours and 1 minute :P NOT 5 minutes
don't hug me in public and then publicly gossip about me
Ok, so she's reading over here and referring to the post of Harvey's:
SLAD recently made a reference to a draft I'd written, deleted then rewritten and posted without once saving the earlier draft. In other words, she is able to monitor a post as it is being composed. *bug-eye*
and to my:
Funny you should say that, Harv.

An incident occured just before I 'left' RI that convinced me that RI had become proper creepy. Or maybe it always was.
Let's just say that RI's private messaging system may be compromised. It's rather shocking when specific words and phrases of a private matter you have been discussing with another member via PM are quoted at you a few minutes later, in a public thread, by another member who was the subject of the aforementioned PM! Additionally - during a heated exchange (on their part, at least) - I was also threatened by the same member (that had previously quoted parts of my PM) with 'exposure' of 'some information they knew about me'. I believe that same member had access to my PM's and had been reading them.
Ok. There may be an innocent explanation, but.... regarding slads poke at Harvey and I - over at RI - in response to what we had said here;
How did slad know I was talking about her when I didn't name names in my post above? I spoke with only two other members of RI about my suspicions regarding her ability to read PM's - and I talked to them about it by private message, just before I stopped posting at RI. I have never publicly spoken of this anywhere before replying to Harvey, above. She even knew precisely the PM I was referring to in my thoughts above - evidenced again by the "and tell your buddy it was 6 hours and 1 minute :P NOT 5 minutes". How would she even know about any of this?

If there is an innocent explanation, I'm very open to hear it.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah... I think I'm going to stop talking about RI any more. It freaks me out - too sinister.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 20#p641063

(I can't be bothered to copy, paste and format the diatribe above, but have little doubt it will be edited at some point from its original form, there now - so don't expect the link above to accurately reflect what is there now - to what will be there in the future.)

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm

As I said, in a reply made within a minute or two to a comment of mine, SLAD made it clear and unambiguous that she is able to read messages as they are composed, she did this by referencing a specific and unusual phrase I had used in the draft but which I had deleted before posting. The more interesting question is, why did she do that? What was she trying to tell me? Can other moderators do so? If not, how is she able to? It could just be one of those syncs which happen, but her reaction suggests otherwise. She did send me a PM immediately after our last exchange here, I don't know what the contents were because she deleted it. Anyway, she has the run of RI to spam and accuse people so good luck to her for as long as she can get away with it.

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 am

Parts of Theremy were reprised during Pizzagate, right? (Anna Gaskell's name popped up)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Boland

Is this dude perhaps a relative of RI's poetic moderator?

Another former mod at RI, while a compelling writer, gave what seemed to me to be some confusing messages during the Pizzagate flap - perhaps understandably - all but naming high-level perpetrators while discouraging discussion of the elephant in the room.

It interests me a lot that some of Dream's End's material focuses on entities we've heard a lot about over the years - SRI, international right wing networks around people like Dugin, etc.

Some RI threads that feel like they are at the centre of some of the weirdness on that board are:

Aliens, Culture Control, And The End Of Dream's End

Alien Abductions And The Monarch Project

RI BAD GUYS: Ur Doin It Wrong

the pizzagate threads of course

the threads where the other posters talk past AliceTheeKurious' questions about the alleged "9/11 hijackers".

All told, some of the most puzzling and interesting stuff I've come across in my (admittedly probably boring) life.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:25 am

Harv:
SLAD made it clear and unambiguous that she is able to read messages as they are composed
I don't really want to consider the ramifications of this, so I simply won't. It'll make turning my PC on a lot less worrying.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:51 am

batipsto wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 am
Parts of Theremy were reprised during Pizzagate, right? (Anna Gaskell's name popped up)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Boland

Is this dude perhaps a relative of RI's poetic moderator?

Another former mod at RI, while a compelling writer, gave what seemed to me to be some confusing messages during the Pizzagate flap - perhaps understandably - all but naming high-level perpetrators while discouraging discussion of the elephant in the room.

It interests me a lot that some of Dream's End's material focuses on entities we've heard a lot about over the years - SRI, international right wing networks around people like Dugin, etc.

Some RI threads that feel like they are at the centre of some of the weirdness on that board are:

Aliens, Culture Control, And The End Of Dream's End

Alien Abductions And The Monarch Project

RI BAD GUYS: Ur Doin It Wrong

the pizzagate threads of course

the threads where the other posters talk past AliceTheeKurious' questions about the alleged "9/11 hijackers".

All told, some of the most puzzling and interesting stuff I've come across in my (admittedly probably boring) life.
Hey Tap - that link is fascinating. I wonder?
Do you have a theory about what RI really is?

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Not a clue really. The original RigInt blog by Jeff Wells explicitly tries to grapple with the "occult" backdrop of TPTB, etc.

When you stare into the abyss...

semper occultus

Post by semper occultus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 am

I re-call Jeff used to mention or even blog about the hits he was getting from some interesting IP addresses

here's one I googled

Today I also got hits from the Army Information Systems Command, the Center for Disease Control and the Defense Research Establishment (Ottawa). Might be nothing more than ordinary folks browsing at the office, of course.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... 04x3273877

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 am

semper occultus wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 am
I re-call Jeff used to mention or even blog about the hits he was getting from some interesting IP addresses
https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... 04x3273877
Thanks Semp - my own feeling is that RI was on the radar early on, due - of course - to JW's prose and it's implications.
But really, what does on the radar even mean in this situation? In an unregulated medium, steerage in a certain direction is always going to happen, if not by spooks then by well-meaning individuals or groups that believe they have the answers. On reflection, I suspect an invisible hand was forced to act around the time the blogs disappeared - someone put something in there that no one was supposed to see, or think about.
Could have been coincidence, but many coincidences stacked one upon another can be startling.

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:20 pm

As a naïve latecomer I do wonder what some of the highlights of the blogs might have been

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm

did they mean the blogs in the user profiles on the message board?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:48 am

batipsto wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm
did they mean the blogs in the user profiles on the message board?
I was referring to when the user blogs disappeared.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:58 am

I wrote a blog post there which got a lot of hits, an extremely large and surprising number of hits, and was about one of the most powerful families in the country. Then all the blogs disappeared. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Do you think the particular family sheds light on the strangeness of that other forum and those running it?

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 am

No. I mean I hope not. But there could have been some kind of request or contact made to remove it. Wouldn't surprise me. Or it could have been removed from afar. Or maybe just another coincidence.

I once wrote a post at a forum, a forum with a really big readership, about another prominent GOPer and connected some dots that nobody else was connecting and got an insane amount of hits and notice. I mean we're talking powers of ten higher than normal, even for a popular post. It was kind of creepy actually, realizing when you hit a real nerve what kind of attention results. It was similar to that.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:48 am

So .... anyone with a former life at RI, did your blogs survive?

I get what's basically a 404 when I try to access mine. (Just tried again). There's nothing there at all, not even a blank page.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:15 pm

So .... anyone with a former life at RI, did your blogs survive?
Nope. All gone. I was dismayed when mine disappeared because I had posted quite a few thoughts, without backing them up. My fault, really.

On a lighter note, it's nice to see Jerky back posting at RI. His style is not at all condescending, manic or disturbed in any way. His ability to engage with anyone that disagrees with his own views is an inspiration. ;)

I'm rather grateful that we can talk about RI posts and posters here - without being shouted down, called a Nazi, sexist, or racist. It's refreshing. I invested a lot of myself at RI and was sad to have been driven out by a change of ethos, which meant that dissention of any kind was met with hatred, ridicule and even hints of blackmail. I would also say that I retain the right to post there again in the future, should the ethos change. Unless of course, I'm banned.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:20 am

Jerky. OMG why is a guy like that even at RI? He follows Jeff Wells on FB and uses the exact same voice -- transparent who he is at RI. I commented somehow that his voice was very familiar and he immediately blocked me on FB.

Before I left RI, I had blocked so many people that some threads were nothing but long lists of blocked posts. Really no point after that.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 am

Oh, we have our own thread at RI. Jerky's succumbed to temptation.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 5b37758c93

Welcome, fellow RIer's, to any eyeballs that fall upon this thread.

May your rants regarding how stoopid, unexceptional, clueless and idiotic everyone here is be long, fruitful and satisfying.

Enjoy! :-)