That "other" forum ....

C_D
Site Admin

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm

The dinosaur said I should come back as "one of them or not at all" but who the hell knows what that means
You're deemed 'one of them' at RI. Just not exceptional enough, I guess. The segregationalism at RI is excrutiating. Jeff Wells must be wincing.

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm

C_D wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm
The dinosaur said I should come back as "one of them or not at all" but who the hell knows what that means
You're deemed 'one of them' at RI. Just not exceptional enough, I guess. The segregationalism at RI is excrutiating. Jeff Wells must be wincing.
Jeff Wells could do something about it if he wished. I mean, he owns the board, right? Right?

After all, his FB page now serves as verification for new RI accounts, so that means his law still rules?

I really think people should revisit the last decade spent bemoaning Jeff's absence.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm

No oversight at RI any more. Not that it needs it - there are no dissenting voices to rail against the message being pumped there 24/7 by AD and slad (now there's an interesting case - I had never witnessed an actual psycoschism take place before my very eyes before - it happened the day Trump was elected). Wombat's hands-off stance regarding moderation continues to pay dividends - tug of the forelock to you, Sire. AD is on a bonus for every mind he turns to mush - payable when he gets to torture white, male, heterosexual anti-semites - sporting a chic black uniform with armbands and addressed as Commandant of Eurasian Correction Camp #1.
Maybe it's all a fad. Or a social science experiment allowed to run a little too far. Without any laughs.
Here's hoping.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 am

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 45#p647765

This effete and childish rant, capped with - "Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse." - so neatly encapsulates the mind-set that has rotted from within any vestige of impartiality at RI. The language and tone that Jerky uses leads me to assume that he really would like to see a large number of fellow citizens hanging from lampposts, so that he can feel truly superior to the infidels that lack the clarity of his own exceptional vision. It's at times like this that one can really understand how extremists gain sway.

deep state

Post by deep state » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

while I havent been to RI in months; I always click on this thread when it's updated with prurient fascination.

everyone slows down to look at a car wreck.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:03 am

everyone slows down to look at a car wreck.
I don't. Can't bear it - in case I saw something that I couldn't get out of my mind. I heard a little girls screams after she'd been run over by a lorry when I was kid and I never, ever want to hear anything like that - or see anything that may be related to noises like that - ever, ever again. Unless I absolutely have to.
A medic I ain't.

RI isn't a car crash - it's an inevitable outcome. :-)

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:05 pm

I think this will be my last comment on RI. It's transformation into a pro-authority, msm-driven arm of the neocon mindset is complete. AD now posts stuff from the SPLC - whom have complete authority to decry as anti-semitic anyone who they disfavour, which is very handy, as it's the most emotively devestating slur one can cast in America - plus slads overbearing, preening ownership of the Ruddians dun it narrative has all but stripped anything but partisan compliance from the site. Those that resist do so meekly, so as not to be ganged up upon by the Big Names. There is no need for moderation, because there is nothing but the party line to follow. There is literally nothing of interest left, beyond habit and incredulity.

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:22 am

C_D wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:05 pm
There is literally nothing of interest left, beyond habit and incredulity.
Word.

For a long while I kept going back to lurk. Incredulity is about the right sentiment. I finally gave up because it became so boringly predictable.

However, I think the same thing happens to any forum that gets too big. I'm watching it happen in realtime to r/con.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:34 pm

However, I think the same thing happens to any forum that gets too big. I'm watching it happen in realtime to r/con.
Yeah - as soon as it becomes a credible threat to the way curious people see the world, it becomes swamped with 'correct thinkers'. The system has hordes of virtuous mouthpieces that revel in parroting what they hear from, or read, in the mainstream. I used to worry about it, but now I just laugh at the idiosyncracies of human nature.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah but RI was never that big. If anything it has gone downhill recently because it has shrunk so much that the people who apparently have nothing else to do with their lives have completely taken it over. Mainly SLAD with her hysterical “I’ll believe anything now as long as it means Trump is a monster” monomania combined with the thinnest skin of anyone on the Internet. It’s unbearable. And now Jerky, who is a nasty cowardly bully, has also obtained a large slice of the shrunken pie because nobody calls him out on his nasty lying bullshit any more. There were people who used to shut him down. Then you’ve got the SLAD lackeys who are probably marching in a pink pussy-hat DNC March as I’m typing this ....

It’s like a corpse of something that used to be wonderful and alive and the maggots have taken over.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Imagine this: you're heading over to visit a place from the past that has special memories from your life. Once upon a time, when you arrived at the town square,if you said 'hello' to anyone there, many of them said 'hi' back to you - and those that didn't just carried on about their business.

But now, when you arrive, every person you encounter screams, in unison:

YOURE A FUCKING NAZI. YOURE STUPID. YOURE AN IDIOT. YOU HATE EVERYONE. WE HATE YOU. WHY DONT YOU FUCK OFF? JUST FUCK OFF.
And they mean it.

No thanks.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am

Yeah that’s pretty much it!

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Sending a shout out to Sounder over at RI. No idea whether he'll appreciate it or not coming from me, but his clear-mindedness in the face of mocking and jeering from those intellectual giants of the let's have a war with Russia movement - Dr Evil and Jerky - is truly a sight to behold. And also a shout to minime - who also clearly knows his own mind.

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 am

C_D wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am
Sending a shout out to Sounder over at RI. No idea whether he'll appreciate it or not coming from me, but his clear-mindedness in the face of mocking and jeering from those intellectual giants of the let's have a war with Russia movement - Dr Evil and Jerky - is truly a sight to behold. And also a shout to minime - who also clearly knows his own mind.
I always liked Sounder, he seemed to me to be the quintessence of serenity, compassion and clear-headedness. It boggles my mind that the Greek Chorus at RI has turned on him and is attempting to devour. Just goes to show you.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:31 pm

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 05#p649949
Sounder, after some of the ridiculous crap you say here, you've got no cause to insult SLAD by questioning their ethics and sincerity. In response to a question about Putin's malevolence, you coughed up a couple of lies about Clinton apparently murdering two people to keep "DA TWOOF" about what took place in Haiti with the Clinton Foundation under wraps (even though the Clinton Foundation is one of the most highly regarded and fiscally transparent NGOs in current operation). Contrary to your bizarre claims, the problems with earthquake recovery in Haiti were much covered by the media, and have NOTHING to do with the "greed" of the Clintons. Mistakes were made, and it certainly wasn't a success, but it's nothing like the evil enterprise that the organized Right has tried to make it seem.

J
Well, after initially wishing to disbelieve that there are actual paid gov't shills operating at RI - this statement by The BrainTrust of RI, good old best pal of Jeff Wells himself, the one and only Jerky - gives me pause to reconsider.

It's interesting to note that Jerky refers to slad as 'their'. I've previously stated that slad had access to my PM's and at least two other peoples - slad having referrred to their contents in forum posts - which made 'her' a bit suspect, but I'd only considered American Dream to be several individual and unique minds publishing under a single moniker. This slip of the tongue by young Jerky piques my interest, not least because I had previously been mighty impressed by how quickly slad is able to respond to anything disfavourable to the message being driven home at RI. The acceptable message. I'm now wondering if there might be a collective behind the persona called slad too - albeit a bitter, mean and highly volatile crew. How do you gather so much unpleasantness and anger under one umbrella, one has to ask. :lol: Oh yes, I see - like attracts like.
...the Clinton Foundation is one of the most highly regarded and fiscally transparent NGOs in current operation...
So far, greatest quote of the 21st century, afaic.

Young Jerky really is quite a character. He, slad and AD make quite a team.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:45 pm

This is too easy - a gift from Momus, I would say.
I know facts are a problem for you ......I post evidence
Yes indeedy, facts according to the mainstream media, who have a verifiable poor record for the last... well.. since creation of the printing press? But that's fine and dandy, as long as Trumpy must die is the message. That's the only thing that matters.
and trump has no connection with the Russian mob ....trump has no connections with the Russian mob.....trump has no connection with the Russian mob ....trump has no connections with the Russian mob
Keep saying the mantra often enough and it may come true
when you ain't got nothin' go for the name calling Sounder ...it's all you got ...can't refute one word so go for name calling ..it's so much easier.....your fly bys are suspect
Oh, are 'they' accusing Sounder of being 'suspect'? That can't be right, because further down in teh rant 'they' say "so let's just stop this silly juvenile name calling and accusatory tone". This is a form of cognitive dissonance, am I right? The collective called 'slad' is berating Sounder for doing exactly what they are doing - questioning Sounder's motives. Oh, OK. Pot, kettle, black has ceased to have meaning.
your concern for truth is underwhelming
According to They Who Know All AND SHALL FORCE ALL TO ACCEPT IT - that would be you, right?
your non-submissions are suspect
Ooops, there you go again, questioning motives
be authentic.....refute the overwhelming evidence instead of name calling...but that would take time which you apparently have no predilection for
Think yourself lucky Sounder, that they haven't unleashed the usual namecalling themselves, yet. I'll wager they had to stifle that impulse.
so let's just stop this silly juvenile name calling and accusatory tone....questioning members motives for posting here is out of order
Eeek, that's a bit rich, isn't it?
Please do not accuse my postings here as suspect.....and I won't question how or why you post here...OK?
You best do as your told, Sounder. 'They' have an enormous posting count, much bigger than yours, which is everything in this game.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:56 am

Credit paid where credit due - sometimes that Riddler chap comes out with an absolute gem of a comment:
Jack Riddler said:
Elvis:
About Greenwald: thing is, Rachal Maddow IS an utterly scripted, intellectually dishonest, partisan hack.
Nah. She's not all that scripted, or it wouldn't take so long to fail to make a point.

So I guess no meta threads will be allowed without flooding them with the same Russia hysteria that still has, not liberals exactly (extremely vague category), but that segment of the corporate media and blogosphere meaninglessly defined as "liberal" in its grip, fantasizing that this is the way to resist Trump.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 am

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=40845

Closer to Mars

Looks like this thread could be a hoot.

Rory - mate - look, you're up against some serious believers in that thread. Nevermind the fact that NASA - you know, that group of people that used to represent America's involvement in putting humans in outer space - which every American had not only a slice of - via public funding - but also had a national and civic pride in - has basically been transferred to a private individual. It really has. Right under your noses.

And as if that transfer alone wasn't brazen enough, they also convinced a large number of intelligent people to hero worship the private individual.

Their power is staggering.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 am

A small skit on a day in the life of...slad

In the line at Starbucks, waiting for a latte
Counter-server: may I help you?
slad: TRUMP!

Driving through the toll tunnel
Toll-attendant: That'll be 60 cents maam

Answering the phone
caller: hello, may I speak to the owner of the house, please?

jostled in a busy street
lady: oh, excuse me, sorry to have pushed you!

Fin.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Oh, I see that slad has started a new thread entitled "The Better Nature of Humanity Will Prevail", attributed to Blue.
It is not a reaction to my skit above. That slad is obsessed with TRUMP! No sir. For every negative slad shall post a positive. I'll keep count for you.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=40846

But alas, the opening post, a veritable tour de force example of the better nature of humanity - isn't really about the better nature of humanity.

It's about us versus them. And us versus them isn't really about the better nature of humanity at all, is it?
It's actually the absolute binary opposite.

Oh well. Each to their own.

slad:
the mission:
to uncover, curate, and rekindle that goodness mankind has forgotten it always had.
Your PC helmet is slipping. Better fix that, quick.