That "other" forum ....

greycircle

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by greycircle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Anybody know what happened to american dream? He stop posting on his own or get the boot?
exodus refugee

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:34 pm

I love Willow. She's an amazing person.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 am

RI is a microcosm of the macrocosm of the future.

Jeff Wells was a seer who felt the tentacles of future effect reaching back to past cause.

A society so at ill-ease with itself, the only escape is boiling madness. Fear, hatred and intolerance shall rage. It is here. It is now. It is real.

It is uncontrollable and unstoppable.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 am

I'm not so sure CD. Awareness seems to be levelling upward faster than ever before. Unthinkable discussion is not only possible at all kinds of levels, it is actually taking place. Particularly within networks of the powerful. Even as some aspects of the state intelligence corporate are attempting to limit access, sowing memes, they more than anyone else need saving from themselves and they aren't immune to the best available arguments whcich are telling them so. As the pressure increases they are forced to confront ideas which other less socially dominant groups have long been comfortable discussing because they evolved to do so. In order to survive, they adapted.

There is no lifeboat because we're all living on it. There is no world B. Their models and dreams are approaching all sorts of natural limits which can neither be ignored nor appealed to. They must soon recognise that their own stake in any kind of future is slipping away, precisely to the degree that they tighten their grip. They are the very enemies they have sought to create. *p0pc0rn

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 am

It does justice to your kind nature that you give credence to the idea of a solution arising that your general outlook on life neccessitates, Harv.
I have always been a pessimist.
You're right - there is no lifeboat.
But still, the Titanic sank.

onefiftythree

Post by onefiftythree » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am

Case cracked!

deep state

Post by deep state » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:34 am

The Jerkster thread at RI aimed at bashing AM (now officially "the other forum" to "the other forum") was ironically (but also typically) most effective in bringing more posters over here. All hail the Resistance!
*madtroll*

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:13 am

RI has definitely been a part of the delivery mechanics employed by the system to sway minds in a certain direction. It began with AD saturating the board with abolish teh white man and antifa articles, followed up with AD's unwavering assertion that there was no 'centrist' position - that one had to be either left or right and that if a centrist position was claimed by an individual, they were in fact a crypto-nazi. This in turn established a narrow band of thought that became acceptable at RI - and as this progressed, any member that hadn't bought into this narrative was shouted down by the true believer ethos that AD had established as the dominant base. RI is now a hardcore leftist go-to, with occasional middle grounders (who have an emotional attachment to what RI used to be) attempting to raise objections, who are met with a chorus of derision.

I'm going to do a mind-state analysis on some of the central players at RI in the next few weeks. To demonstrate the emotion-based mentality of human nature - the ease of manipulation, the lure of the inability not to look, the rage at perceived misconception, the inability to self-reflect, the fragility of ego, the danger of exceptionalism and the adherance to group-think will be a start. Gleaned solely from the words written by the contributors themselves, it will become the most read of the threads here at AM - a claim I can guarantee - as each member of RI clamours to see if it's about them or someone they 'know' (a highly subjective term when referring to internet chums).

I recommend that any member of RI that reads this post does not return to AM to look at the thread I shall be creating to house this analysis. You won't like it - and why would you want to look at something that offends you? It will also drive more traffic to this site, so don't do it.

jakell

Post by jakell » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:00 am

On arrival here I promised not to dwell on the old place and didn't intend to post in this thread, so I'll keep my comments limited to this one instance.

This forum is at present rather too similar to TOP in my opinion. I realise that a jumping off point was needed, but plenty here have very strong ties and emotions relative to it along with all the old yearnings that go quite deep, the above references to JW reinforce that in my mind.

I would suggest that if you are truly trying to create something new, then you move this thread into a section such as "Other Forums" (for instance), because otherwise the analysis you describe above is going to be polluting and will suck everyone back into the old familiar vortex. You could even make that section private to dissuade rubberneckers.

That's me done. (hopefully)

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am

That's me done. (hopefully)
:-)

Yes, I take all of that on board. I'll see about creating another category that we put anything about 'other places' in to. Admitedly, there are still unresolved issues of a personal nature to be addressed by some members here (probably only me, in fact) - and the board shouldn't be polluted by this. One of my abiding interests is centred on the evolution of where we are now in the political sense and I suspect RI and the messages that were rammed home there to be an intrinsic part of the development of what's happening in broader concensus. Many ex-RI members experienced this - firsthand - through the many years of their participation. Hopefully, by looking at it's genesis and subsequent development to this point, an understanding of end-state can be gleaned and if not averted, then at least changed.

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:31 pm

ahhhh, the "Other Place."

I'm an abrasive sort so if you live in your ego you might want to skip this post.

As I was reading along in this thread.. ages ago, BTW so I don't remember the fine points.. what struck me was that in spite of the non stop deluded argumentation & psychological flogging festivals that have gone on over there for at least 8 or 9 YEARS and that I take it most of you have been subject to - that you're all so genteel in your recollections and analyses of it!

Maybe you believe you're kicking them swiftly here in this thread and in some cases you are, I'll give you that. However the posts contained here are .. well they are *contained* here. It's as though you are still in the mental prison those ragey bot-like creatures of RI built!

IMO, RI is more than likely a honey pot of sorts - a base of psychological operations designed to test out 'smart & tolerant & politically aware' people's reactions to different scenarios, messaging, memes, personalities, styles of argumentation, etc.

If it isn't that then it must be a project acquired by the Director of an Institution for the Criminally Insane as a way to keep the inmates distracted - their minds and attention focused on the bitter politics of division online rather than within the walls of the sanitorium. AD and SLAD are housed in that special confinement, with only a glowing computer off in the corner of the activity room. All other comers to that site are human craft supplies. Well - I'm sure there are (were) more inmates but the big Fish have left. Notice that? Maybe they got one too many electro-shock treatments, maybe their project funding ran out (should they have been administrators) or maybe they have been released onto live subjects now.

those are my observations of your observations on The Other Place.

I didn't have a good time there and I suppose I want to test the waters here before I decide whether or not to spend any more time on this board.
looking forward to replies.

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:26 am

Since I'm relatively new I'm not sure whether I have no takers or perhaps no one has seen my post yet.
I'm choosing to believe the latter since surely it's worthy of some sort of response?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am

I'm choosing to believe the latter since surely it's worthy of some sort of response?
But Bene - your words are so searingly incisive that we are all temporarily rendered speechless as we bathe in their divine brilliance!

Honeypot? - maybe. AD was always pushing the System propoganda, but slad is a relatively new addition to teh cause. It's so desperate over there that she's resorted to emotional blackmail in the last week. Sounder was calling her out on the Russian Propoganda meme and to shut him up she cited how many of her family are ill or dead. This seems a perfectly reasonable defence of her righteousness, in her mind. It's degenerated to really low blows over there now. Any defence using subtleties of logic is stamped on with emotional triggers, namecalling or scapegoating. Thankfully, my own emotional attachment to RI is waning by the day, as it becomes a little bit less worthy of attention because nearly all the thinkers have gone, leaving just the bewildered, habitual and truly righteous posters. I'm thinking their vast lurker numbers are possibly just there to witness the shenanigans of a collapsing forum and by extension, society.

jakell

Post by jakell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 am

BeneGesserit wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:26 am
Since I'm relatively new I'm not sure whether I have no takers or perhaps no one has seen my post yet.
Some suggestions:

1) At the outset you suggested that those who wish to avoid abrasion look away.
2) Some here may be wary of engaging casually with sore points.
3) As you haven't mentioned your old username, a lot of what you say is abstract.

2 and 3 are related, but you gave folks an 'out' with no. 1

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

C_D wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am
But Bene - your words are so searingly incisive that we are all temporarily rendered speechless as we bathe in their divine brilliance!

Honeypot? - maybe. AD was always pushing the System propoganda, but slad is a relatively new addition to teh cause. It's so desperate over there that she's resorted to emotional blackmail in the last week. Sounder was calling her out on the Russian Propoganda meme and to shut him up she cited how many of her family are ill or dead. This seems a perfectly reasonable defence of her righteousness, in her mind. It's degenerated to really low blows over there now. Any defence using subtleties of logic is stamped on with emotional triggers, namecalling or scapegoating. Thankfully, my own emotional attachment to RI is waning by the day, as it becomes a little bit less worthy of attention because nearly all the thinkers have gone, leaving just the bewildered, habitual and truly righteous posters. I'm thinking their vast lurker numbers are possibly just there to witness the shenanigans of a collapsing forum and by extension, society.
I've wondered about the honeypot aspect for a couple of years now.

Re: waning emotional attachment & witnessing the slow motion train wreck, I concur. My last year of lurking there was simply as a spectator, watching the whole thing fall apart. I finally grew bored and pulled the plug entirely.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Lol, have you seen AD is back with a vengeance over at RI? Dirtying up GD with his inane terribly urbane 'he's a fascist, she's a fascist, they are fascists' copypasta straight from The System manual. You're fighting a losing battle, mate. It's bollocks, your stuff. Pointless. You live in the past, mate. Check out BigEye's 'you want to label me...' OP if you want some ideas to bring people together - but of course, why would you? - you'd rather drive them apart and have them all calling each other names and at each other's throats - just as The System wants. Good boy, AD. You serve your cause faithfully. Keep it up - I like to see The System has absolutely nothing new to offer. Stale. But consistent, got to give him that. :lol:

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Look, I know I talk about RI way too much, but the vegas shooting thread is a cracking example of how mainstream RI has now become. The stalwart participants no doubt grandly view it as a marvellous testament to how good RI can be when firing on all cylinders, yet the majority of members are constantly and relentlessly putting down almost everything stickdog puts forward - it's as though they don't want it to be true. I'm guessing that it's not so much a lack of imaginative skills (though poor JR must suffer terribly - all that talent for verbiage, yet nothing original :lol: ), so I assume it's fear. Fear of a 'what if it's actually manipulated, what if the system really does do this shit, I don't want to have to deal with that' kind. It's like watching something from a bygone age. I hope it doesn't change though, because RI's transparency helps in the understanding of where certain minds are at, in terms of conformity amongst peers. Long live RI! I like it that semper still posts there - he's one cool dude. Iceman.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am

Can it be true? Has she finally unhinged and fallen into the abyss of self-important exceptionalists that 'punish' the rest of the board by their absence?

Oh, I hope not! I love to see her scream and shout, her snarling, personal attacks against any that dare to question her will, the ongoing flip-flop from conspiracy researcher to mainstream stooge - it's a real-life soap drama before our very eyes! The very best, the most faithful and devout of the Democrats - scourge of the Republican Monster Party!

Props to Mac and Cordelia for daring to face off against The Beast. That takes some balls!

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:05 am

RI - reflecting America - continues on it's descent into madness. You've got one unstable entity absolutely dominating the board - delivering mainstream partisan propoganda, accusing anyone who isn't a righteous Democrat of being the Antichrist - quite literally - and now posting that Wikileaks is a Nazi organisation! LOL! American Dream, the robo-paster, continues to peddle System-meme that whites are evil - but really, it's all about drawing attention to the terror of anti-semites whilst simultaneously putting jews front and centre in everyones mind - a proper Nazi propoganda trick! And it's working. LOL! Great stuff - hat's off to all concerned.

jakell

Post by jakell » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

C_D wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am
Can it be true? Has she finally unhinged and fallen into the abyss of self-important exceptionalists that 'punish' the rest of the board by their absence?

Oh, I hope not! I love to see her scream and shout, her snarling, personal attacks against any that dare to question her will, the ongoing flip-flop from conspiracy researcher to mainstream stooge - it's a real-life soap drama before our very eyes! The very best, the most faithful and devout of the Democrats - scourge of the Republican Monster Party!

Props to Mac and Cordelia for daring to face off against The Beast. That takes some balls!
That would be me. The dinosaur said I should come back as "one of them or not at all" but who the hell knows what that means?

At present I cannot post anyway. I changed my email address on the system and it informed me that I needed the approval of an administrator to get back in. Shorty afterwards a thread appeared asking all new registrations to contact Jeff via Facebook (of which I'm not a member). I can't think of a single reason to bother with any of that.