That "other" forum ....

BigEyeTenor

That "other" forum ....

Post by BigEyeTenor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:28 am

Can we dish about that other forum from which we have come (assuming we all came from there).

I have a screengrab which says it all.
.albumtemp.JPG
.albumtemp.JPG (261.91 KiB) Viewed 1921 times

C_D
Site Admin

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:48 am

Yeah.
RI used to be a biggish part of my life - but it became less and less tolerant of any thinking that deviated from the SJW cause. When the Trump won, things went from bad to worse. Similar to a communist regime over there, now. No dissent allowed. Mockery of alternatives. Failure to comply implies stupidity. Or nazism.
Oh, the irony.
There are still many rational people over there, but they are drowned out by the few from the Chorus of the Just.

deep state

Post by deep state » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 pm

I was thinking y-day of posting over there One Last Time (probably about P-Gate; still waiting for an unequivocal validation there) and give some of them poor soggy rats heads up about the life raft.

I do kind of miss it; at its best, that tension of disagreement, even the shades of hazing, was quite creatively inspiring. But once the Ideologues took over the Asylum there was no refuge for the wicked.

I think by the time I left I had 8 posters on ignore. Many of the voices I enjoyed more had long gone silent.

I am puzzled why the Mod let it get to that point. I have often wondered to what extent RI was some sort of experiment/honey pot, as (I think) Dreamsend ended up believing...

Tapisseri

Post by Tapisseri » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:07 pm

deep state wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 pm
I was thinking y-day of posting over there One Last Time (probably about P-Gate; still waiting for an unequivocal validation there) and give some of them poor soggy rats heads up about the life raft.

I do kind of miss it; at its best, that tension of disagreement, even the shades of hazing, was quite creatively inspiring. But once the Ideologues took over the Asylum there was no refuge for the wicked.

I think by the time I left I had 8 posters on ignore. Many of the voices I enjoyed more had long gone silent.

I am puzzled why the Mod let it get to that point. I have often wondered to what extent RI was some sort of experiment/honey pot, as (I think) Dreamsend ended up believing...
Why not both? I'm sure your voice is missed among readers--many who are silent--and I for one always appreciated your, and others', finesse & style among the arrogant, disheveled bombast.

Besides, when bullied out, the bullies win.

(I've wondered that as well......)

carpe verum

Post by carpe verum » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm

deep state wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 pm

There are so many more readers than posters at RI and your voice is definitely missed! I KNOW I'm not the only one.

Here's what I don't get: Some members from the "Chorus of the Just" seem to post/start threads 24/7. When do they sleep? While others can bully, persecute, etc., with impunity. Some of these members have been around since RI started, so it makes me question the intent of the forum itself. Honeypot/controlled opposition from the beginning? Infiltrated later on? Yet even the mention of the possibility that the forum has been compromised/infiltrated by questionable people is grounds for banning, despite the fact that controlled opposition agents are everywhere. How is it that RI is immune?

On the other hand, I understand that you can't have everyone accusing everyone else. However, it is possible to ban the questionable behaviors--excessive copypasta, ad hominem attacks, endless threads started by one individual--across the board.

I mean, the "box" at RI may be larger than let's say, Daily Kos or Democratic Underground--although it seems to be shrinking everyday-- but one visit to RI and you can see membership is set up for the accommodation of a much smaller number of mostly left-thinking people, most of whom would qualify for Mensa membership (I think I'm the only exception to that "rule"). In other words, I think it's set up to be intentionally intimidating to 99% of the population. Does that necessarily mean it's controlled opposition, limited hangout, honeypot? No, there is nothing wrong with appealing to a certain group of people, but when combined with the behaviors I mentioned it becomes a little suspicious.

Having said all that...it's the only forum that has not deleted any of my posts nor banned me from posting.. *shrug^
Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect."

deep state

Post by deep state » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Tapisseri wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:07 pm
Why not both? I'm sure your voice is missed among readers--many who are silent--and I for one always appreciated your, and others', finesse & style among the arrogant, disheveled bombast.

Besides, when bullied out, the bullies win.
They also lose because then they only have each other to pick on.

The reason I stopped posting wasn't principle but practical: too much time and energy (and emotional distress) for too little reward. Having to make the same arguments over and over again, dreading the next post by this or that person, and so on, realizing how much the part of me that thrives on opposition, the negative identity, was being reinforced by being there (which can be useful too). I quit RI the same time I quit Faceborg and for the same basic reason (time & energy drain). In both cases, I'm not very good at modulated engagement, so it tends to be all or nothing.
carpe verum wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm
but one visit to RI and you can see membership is set up for the accommodation of a much smaller number of mostly left-thinking people, most of whom would qualify for Mensa membership (I think I'm the only exception to that "rule"). In other words, I think it's set up to be intentionally intimidating to 99% of the population.
It does have that certain "cachet" & that contributes to a competitive atmosphere of intellectual superiority that made the place especially galling for me, the implicit assumption that intellectual rigor was the highest value in human existence (& ironically, the accompanying derision of more intuitive types of thinking).

Tapisseri

Post by Tapisseri » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

"carpe verum" wrote:
Here's what I don't get: Some members from the "Chorus of the Just" seem to post/start threads 24/7. When do they sleep? While others can bully, persecute, etc., with impunity.
Yeah; I've wondered if some sleep disorders factor in and continued lack of sleep is known to have adverse psychological impacts:

" Symptoms include psychosis, paranoia, extremely high energy levels, hallucinations, aggression and more."
http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/03/sleep- ... ffects.php

But then others just seem arrogant, bad-tempered and carrying a chip on the shoulder. ;)

carpe verum

Post by carpe verum » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:31 pm

If you don't agree with the following quote, which I think sums up the mindset at RI right now, I'd say, good luck to you...you'll need it.
It's nothing but one tentacle of the alt-right warmed over rehash of the Nazi war on "decadent Modernism" and "degenerate art". That's a skeleton key to much of this PizzaGate psyop Mystery School.
In a nutshell, everything can be explained away by the "alt-right's" attack on what's come to be defined as "liberalism" which is basically the fascistic protection of decadent Modernism, degenerate art, militant feminism, political correctness, anthropomorphic global warming, gender neutralism, etc., etc., etc...
Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect."

toxsimian

Post by toxsimian » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 pm

carpe verum wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:31 pm
If you don't agree with the following quote, which I think sums up the mindset at RI right now, I'd say, good luck to you...you'll need it.
It's nothing but one tentacle of the alt-right warmed over rehash of the Nazi war on "decadent Modernism" and "degenerate art". That's a skeleton key to much of this PizzaGate psyop Mystery School.
In a nutshell, everything can be explained away by the "alt-right's" attack on what's come to be defined as "liberalism" which is basically the fascistic protection of decadent Modernism, degenerate art, militant feminism, political correctness, anthropomorphic global warming, gender neutralism, etc., etc., etc...
I dont hang out at RI too often but it sounds like its been overrun with idealogues and you guys here...are a different shade of idealogue. No wonder I got almost no reaction with my post. I have little patience for intellectuals who sit around waiting for the next atrocity so they can point fingers at each other. That just tells me they havent even begun to work out how deeply complicit they themselves and their families are. I have a hard time believing anyone is screaming for the fascistic protection of degenerate art, but then again I have a hard time believing some of the things the so called alt right espouses also.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 am

In short, some of them have lost their minds.

Others didn't have one to begin with.

The few good ones left aren't enough to balance out the hysterical screamers.

The moderation is ALL over the map. Some people clearly have immunity.

It's a sad thing.

semper occultus

Post by semper occultus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm

when a garden gets taken over by a couple of those tenacious species like Japanese knot-weed is the analogy that springs to my mind - without getting into personalities, the Japanese knotweed is just doing its thang but can overshadow & crowd out the delicate little pansies...like me fl0w3r

carpe verum

Post by carpe verum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Can we link/advertise this forum at the "other" forum? Because there might be members/lurkers/readers who might feel more comfortable posting here.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 pm

I think by invitation only is the way to go. So we don't get the same deplorables here that are currently ruining that place.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

carpe verum wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm
Can we link/advertise this forum at the "other" forum? Because there might be members/lurkers/readers who might feel more comfortable posting here.
Don't have a problem either way. Because, if any of the C&P/ideological crew land here, we'll deal with them. ;)

deep state

Post by deep state » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:04 pm

carpe verum

Post by carpe verum » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Just thought I'd ask the question, but after thinking it through, I'm not going to provide the link because I don't want to be blamed when the shit hits the fan. ^inno^

deep state

Post by deep state » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Good news travels more slowly than bad, but it gets there eventually.

Tapisseri

Post by Tapisseri » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 pm
I think by invitation only is the way to go. So we don't get the same deplorables here that are currently ruining that place.
Seems like good advice.

Also, to prevent derision of this forum on that forum.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:56 am

Tapisseri wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm
Also, to prevent derision of this forum on that forum.
Rigorous Derision suits it well. The key members thrive on it.

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Pizzagate, as "deep state" here has pointed out, was really the straw that broke RI's back... so strange how determined some of the posters there are to derail discussion on that topic.

One of the many interesting biscuit crumbs I've picked up on w/r/t that forum is the info that one of the prominent, articulate posters there was allegedly once based out of the church where Theremy spent one of their last nights...

Why is Theremy such a "strange attractor"?

Why is Pizzagate/Epstein?