Backroom shenanigans in the spotlight

C_D
Site Admin

Backroom shenanigans in the spotlight

Post by C_D » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 am

Happened across this as a link on the youtube sidebar (although no doubt the simple of act of posting this proves me to be a Fascisti Totalamenti in many minds :lol: ) That's made up Italian, by the way.
I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of these springing up, revealing the behind-the-scenes crassness of all sides concerned.
If anyone knows of any other vids like this, I'd love to see them.

jakell

Re: Backroom shenanigans in the spotlight

Post by jakell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 am

Sounds like Ezra got taken for a real ride here, on the one hand I find it hard to sympathise with how long he allowed this to go on, but he's made the right move in putting a stop to it in this fashion. I don't think that Ezra needed to get in deep on the Tommy angle, Tommy very likely would have taken a fall for this rather than pay a penny, he seen all this before.

I don't think there's a genuine political angle to this (although that is what the con rested upon), but we may see something of that ilk arise. The, undoubtedly creative, dastardly duo here will probably take this to The Left now, maybe even boasting of this shakedown of a Right leaning organisation, and there they will find a home, because it is on the left where the better crooks and hypocrites are to be found.

Maybe we are seeing a new form of Leftist attack, one that rests upon their natural talents.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 pm

tbh, I don't know any of these people or their history. I was mostly fascinated by the pleading, injustice-of-it-all mentality - so often employed by the far left - being used as a thing by the far right. I retain hope that we'll see more of these video confessions, from both sides. Bloody good sport.

jakell

Post by jakell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Well Ezra here has pretty much drawn a line under it and personally taken a hit, as opposed to creating a generic oppression narrative that can be used over and over.

jakell

Post by jakell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:32 am

Here's a nice bookend to Ezra's rather sombre performance in the OP.
Gavin starts with a good-natured skit (followed by another one), which help to lighten the subject matter somewhat:

As to 'The Rebel', who knows? I'm sure it will continue in some form, but for me, Gavin was always the one to watch. The subject matter they are addressing is full of absurdities and to approach that in a relentlessly po-faced fashion doesn't really work, Gavin and several other commentators have realised that (Crowder is the first one that comes to mind)
Last edited by jakell on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 pm

I find it slightly odd that the guy that owns Rebel Media - the dude in the OP video - is Jewish.

I understand from countless sources that the far right are anti-semetic. Is he a self-hater?

jakell

Post by jakell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:09 pm

C_D wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 pm
I find it slightly odd that the guy that owns Rebel Media - the dude in the OP video - is Jewish.

I understand from countless sources that the far right are anti-semetic. Is he a self-hater?
These sources will be the same ones that characterise anyone on the Right as a Nazi. the same ones who call Milo, who is gay, half Jewish and prefers black partners a Nazi. Rebel Media have made many statements to counter all this. Even Jared Taylor, who is resolutely Alt-Right, is ambivalent towards the Jews, but the antisemitism claim is applied to him.

I think though that the open absurdity of these labels is regarded as irrelevent by their originators. The intention is to make a generalised fog surrounding the Right in general and then fall back on the difficult to counter suggestion that that there is no smoke (fog) without fire. Interestingly, this tactic is also used by Holocaust deniers (amongst others), who have been defeated on historical facts, but still wish to smear the Jews.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Rebel Media have made many statements to counter all this
I'd be interested to see some of them.

jakell

Post by jakell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:04 pm

This is pretty much the latest one, but most of them are embedded in examinations of the field in general. Due to them getting regular denunciations it's more or less a background theme - same as with other commentators who get this sort of attention. To make it more than a background theme would be to give too much credence to the casual nature with which the Left use this lazy labeling, ie to fall into a trap of sorts.

Gavin McKinnes has probably been the most active at this as his 'Proud Boy' group has been more or less in the front line during the Alt-Right/alt-lite split that became most prominent a few months ago, and he has been forced to make delineations clear. A few other RM reporters have addressed it too.
This can be approached from the opposite direction too, by observing the Alt-Right's attitude to RM, in fact it is they who first coined the term alt-lite and they have been equally (if not more) active in making the distinction plain.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Response to OP video - "hush money"

jakell

Post by jakell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 pm

The rump of RM is a pretty irrelevant focus IMO, which is why I bookended the issue with Gavin's quite neat wrap-up. Like I said though, they will probably continue in some form or another but their main concerns, ie Conservative North American issues, weren't that interesting to me.. at least in comparison to what else has been going on on the Right over there.

It was only really Lauren Southern and Gavin (I think Tim Pool was there for a while too) who I took an interest in because they were addressing the rest of the Right, and who have created a presence of their own.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC By DONNA BRAZILE
November 02, 2017

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774
Could be arse-covering, could be just re-iterating what everyone already knows whilst reinforcing da Rushians done it.
Either way, or other - I rather enjoy the spectacle.

jakell

Post by jakell » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 pm

As Donna Brazile was shown to be a (bad) liar and thoroughly discredited, this would be mainly arse-covering. The trouble is that nobody will care much, Hillary's own book has not generated much interest and this will likely come in a poor second. I notice that the title ' Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns that Put Donald Trump in the White House' still suggests that Hillary being an unpoplular candidate was not an issue, that it was shenanigans, Russian or not, that led to Trump being elected. Another one for the pulp mill

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:35 pm

This investigation into the Trump/Clinton/Russia thing (the ever-expanding tentacled beast) is going to lead into some terribly dark holes that most Yanks are going to try to ignore. Won't be easy. I think it's going to get well out of hand, actually. Pandoras box and all that.

Intuition tells me a saviour figure will emerge, possibly manouvered into place - but in times of unfettered change, all remains fluid. The best laid plans can go to shit in a moment. It will be a she. I hope she's good, honest and true. I hope I like her.

deep state

Post by deep state » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 am

there'll be no saviors any soon coming down
and anyway
illuminations never come from the crowned

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:34 am

Yeah, I should clarify - the saviour figure will be manufactured (or manipulated) by the system, but she'll be very good at it.
Maybe too good to control. We'll see.