Rape or Racism?

jakell

Rape or Racism?

Post by jakell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

Another Sargon video I know , but he does this sort of thing very well, ie tireless well-balanced information crunching in a field where it is difficult because of the polarising and emotive content, so he's a good entry point for those who may be unfamiliar with this subject matter. Unfortunately this is becoming old-hat to the rest of us, which is a tragedy in itself.

The part I'm referring to in the title here starts at 5:10 and continues for the rest of the video. Apparently this is a relevant question for some people and if this were a busier forum I might have presented it as a 'poll', it would have been relevant to the mindset at the old place, although I suspect that plenty would have looked away (again).

TBH, regarding 'looking away', my mind tends to skim over this sort of material nowadays due to depressing familiarity as opposed to skimming over it due to conditioned cognitive/emotive bias (or simple distate), so I'm sort of guilty of similar behaviour.

ETA: Added actual video, I forgot that they can be embedded on here

jakell

Re: Rape or Racism?

Post by jakell » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 am

The attitude that led me to 'skim' the above video caused me to muse upon one of the triggers of Leftist hysteria.

Looking at the relevent Youtube page, I was stuck by the choices I had. The same day was available an almost two hour long interview of James Damore by Karen Straughan, and an interview of Candace Owens by Stefan Molyneux, plus stuff by Styxhexenhammer666 and Lionel Nation, Jordan Peterson, Crowder, McInnes to name a few. There are also intelligent livestreams if one can find the time to listen.

This is a wealth of material that is not at all comfortable to Leftists, and the standard claim that this is all Nazi Far Right stuff is clearly hyperbolic. It seems the Internet is barely Left-friendly anymore and this must drive the more thinking types of this persuasion nuts, into increasingly cloistered realms where fantasies of fighting Nazis/hate/bigotry is the only outlet.
I can sort of understand their frustration, and how it may boil over into anger.