You want to label me? Label this.

jakell

Re: You want to label me? Label this.

Post by jakell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:39 pm

C_D wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 pm
You sidetracked me from the point I was trying to make - and that was - absent a catastrophic event that affects everyone, we are unable to make any drastic change (as a species) required. That was all.

edited to add - (as a species)
It's true that we cannot effect any change, although we like to think we can, I'm sort of referring to our (pre)historical ability to adapt to changing environments, something hardwired into us as a species. Some might think that we have lost this ability but I reckon we are still genetically disposed to it.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:25 am

IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG (61.3 KiB) Viewed 76 times

semper occultus

Post by semper occultus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 am

you need to get with the programme - urbanisation is actually the ANSWER to upward of 13 billion consumers living on this rock - not least because people living in a city are far more likely to be young & very cool urban hipsters with their own internet start-ups along with their convenient underclass of serfs on zero-hours contracts who are all down with "globalisation" rather than all those disgusting old gun-owning red-necks & other regressives boo-hooing about not being able to work down coal mines

jakell

Post by jakell » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 am

semper occultus wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 am
you need to get with the programme - urbanisation is actually the ANSWER to upward of 13 billion consumers living on this rock - not least because people living in a city are far more likely to be young & very cool urban hipsters with their own internet start-ups along with their convenient underclass of serfs on zero-hours contracts who are all down with "globalisation" rather than all those disgusting old gun-owning red-necks & other regressives boo-hooing about not being able to work down coal mines
Layers of irony notwithstanding, this dovetails with the thread on the notion of China becoming a giant National Park.

This doesn't really counter what BET seems to be suggesting (I dilsike reacting to images, but nothing else is offered). The urbanisation of a population doesn't have to go hand in hand with the conversion of a landscape, just some cattle trucks and a suite of softer persuasions for the more sophisticated would do the job (given time).