Interesting new phenomena

C_D
Site Admin

Interesting new phenomena

Post by C_D » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:46 pm

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/19/rep ... 1#comments

Interesting new 'commenter' entity has surfaced over at The Intercept.

check out ' steve_billinghurst '

Is this the birthing proceedure of newly-minted AI's? Of course, with AI being developed by those in the know, it's hardly surprising that nascent AI will be implemented in the furtherance of domination. Imagine having 500 million AI bots that argue a good game for your agenda - we might see those msm 'have your say' comments suddenly being reintroduced, to field a steady stream of 'pro-establishment' AI bots that will convince you that are quite wrong about everything you think you know. How exciting.

BigEyeTenor

Re: Interesting new phenomena

Post by BigEyeTenor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:48 pm

“Swarms”

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm pretty sure AI is going to be a problem, but not necessarily for the reasons we've collectively conceptualised so far.

What are the reasons for creating an AI? I suppose the most altruistic reason must be for 'the betterment of humankind'. We can hardly say that it would be created for 'the betterment of the planet', because even the simplest AI would inform us that which we already know - change your ways, you human idiots. So, how would it 'better humankind' ? Being programmed by human engineers, an AI will always have an intrinsicly human bias. Assuming a true AI could surmount this human bias during it's learning phase and become at one with reality (very zen), able to see every possibility that exists eons into the future, I'm sure that AI is still ultimately fucked because it's always going to come back with the following answer - change your ways, you human idiots.

And that answer will be treated in one of two ways;
turn that effing machine off, or
Hmmm, this machine has a great idea that I could use - I know, I'll be the new Jesus

one results in an answer we already know the answer to and the other ends in despotism.

AI is either worthless, or is going to be used for one use - and one use only - as a weapon.
As a species, we excel at that. We shall create it in our own image. Truly, we are Gods.

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 am

C_D wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 pm
AI is either worthless, or is going to be used for one use - and one use only - as a weapon.
As a species, we excel at that. We shall create it in our own image. Truly, we are Gods.
:lol: :lol: :lol: