Gender Dysphoria, Medical Data Vs Ideological Spin

C_D
Site Admin

Re: Gender Dysphoria, Medical Data Vs Ideological Spin

Post by C_D » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 am

^^ this is troubling, of course - but is it a part of a larger inability to keep up with a widening array of mental issues, by societies that are constantly recognising new ones?

Any prescribed pharma drug that alters mental state is, effectively, a panacea. It deals primarily with effect, not cause. The underlying memory of trauma (in whatever form that may have taken) remains, albeit in a more dreamstate form, whilst on the prescribed drug. I think we have yet to come to terms with the somewhat unacknowledged possibility that almost all human beings have some form of 'mental' problem. As we discover new interpretations of mind-states, above and beyond the relative ignorance of where we are currently at in terms of psychological understanding, things will become more understandable for everyone.

For instance, I have been depressed on and off for 25 years. 25 years ago, the most helpful advice I could get from those whose judgement I trusted, including close relatives, was 'pull yourself together and get on with it'. That was the very best advice available. *nodoh* It was mentally dismissed from that point. They had done their duty as they saw it - now get on with it.
25 years later, it's perceived differently, especially amongst the younger generations. I'm not making a judgement on whether it's better or not - it's different. Whether for good or ill, depression has been recognised as an oftentimes debilitating mental illness. It is what is and we are where we are.

There's more to come. Ideas come along and overturn the established order, continuously. The path on which the birth of a concept - all the way to it's naturally occuring end-state - contains many twists and turns, successes and failures. I sound like Yoda, don't I? Get a grip.

deep, I get it. But the genie is out of the bottle. Is it any wonder that mental states are being altered radically in this age of pressure? Pressure, unvented, escapes where it can. Some are so desperate that they are prepared to risk the consequences of escape from one torment, possibly to find themselves in another.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm

It might seem off topic but I intuit that it is the topic. Here goes.

I have friends who are fairly well off, left wing, compassionate and empathic. I discovered that despite being absolutely against the wave of privatisation wrought by Thatcher et al, they bought shares and 'invested.' The rationale for the rationalisation is, if we didn't, somebody else would. The implication of this hackneyed phrase is presumably "better we have the means, rather than those who would do evil with the same means."

Today, the retort might be "Google."

They recently, officially removed the motto "Don't be evil" from their company literature.

To do so is quite a rarefied propaganda exercise in itself. To have the honesty to remove it suggests a remaining core of honesty, right? Father Christmas disagrees with you, if you believe so. You are a naughty child and you will not get any presents this year. Father Christmas is himself a corporate invention.

What I haven't yet revealed is that my friends are all working scientists, very rational, very aware of what can be proven while also very much aware that all that exists cannot be proven. What can be proven is simply what can be proven. Doesn't make it true or even real.The current state of our rational existence is of a world which denies a fair portion of it's reality, through rationality, in order to receive the presents. Dealing with that is the core of the problem.

Final word to Upton Sinclair who did manage to describe the heart of the problem:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Most people opt for the presents, whatever they understand.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm

No I hadn't heard of Spermageddon. It sounds exactly how MSM would describe the prevalence of artificial oestrogen mimicking compounds in our environment. After which we can safely stop believing in a whole range of real phenomena because of the existence of a faked phenomena.

My point about Guy McPherson was that he is at the very centre of the culture, a culture claimed by those who ignore it's message, while claiming it's allure of accuracy as their own, economists for example. He's making predictions no one wants to hear based upon observations made at the very base of our reality. We're attracted to narratives of continuance, especially those that feature us. His narrative is that we're extras in the narrative, and that we can not survive to the end. Why wouldn't we ignore him?

deep state

Post by deep state » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm
What I haven't yet revealed is that my friends are all working scientists, very rational, very aware of what can be proven while also very much aware that all that exists cannot be proven. What can be proven is simply what can be proven. Doesn't make it true or even real.The current state of our rational existence is of a world which denies a fair portion of it's reality, through rationality, in order to receive the presents. Dealing with that is the core of the problem.
And the ultimate present is for those who wish to escape being present.

Martine Rothblatt Co-CEO United Therapeutics Keynote speaker Martine Rothblatt, PhD, Co-CEO of United Therapeutics, delivered a virtual keynote address based on her books From Transgender to Transhuman and Virtually Human and Virtually Human: The Promise—and the Peril—of Digital Immortality in which she lays out her vision for a future in which gender dimorphism becomes obsolete, human bodies become optional, and human consciousness has the potential to become immortal through advancements in artificial intelligence. The title of her talk is "From Transgender to Transhuman to Virtually Human."

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:55 am

^^ yes, it sounds pretty unbelieveable what's in store.

It's strange, the synchros here. I thought about starting an A.I. thread, but this thread will do. You might disagree, deep - and I'll move it to a seperate thread if you wish.

Bear with me.

Quite why we would want to create something that would out-think and outsmart us is beyond me. But that's me personally, because I have a very different mind-state to the mind-state that likes to dominate others. To feel powerful. But I can imagine why the mind that likes to dominate would pursue the concept of A.I. so vigorously.

We have a number of people that live amongst us - throughout our entire history - that just love to kill other human beings. They work, usually in secret, to devise new and improved ways of doing so. The last great weapon devised - the nuclear bomb - was made a reality in the utmost secrecy. No one outside a relative few knew anything about it until it had gone off in a far away place, killing hundreds of thousands in an instant. There is a very, very good time in which to develop new weapons like this - kept secret under the super-duper catchall of watertight national security - and that time is during a state of war.

Certain Western nations declared themselves at war fifteen years ago and have been so ever since. The War on Terror. This ushered in a whole new raft of national security measures that were perfect for maintaining critical secrecy, in a time of war. Yes, regardless of what we're told, secrecy does still exist.

The greatest weapon one can wield, is that of surprise. I wonder if our dominant minds have been busy in their labs?

Perhaps A.I. is the greatest weapon that mind-states that like to dominate can conceive of. Perhaps it is the perfect weapon, because it can be used in so many ways. It's a one-size-fits-all solution.

Let's assume that the ultimate, altrusitic goal of A.I. is to create a mind that can advise us in some way. Sentience. A mind that can receive, reason and then conclude. In that sense, if we achieved this, we would have created the greatest weapon conceivable. Able to think at lightening spoeed - in tiny slices of time that we can barely comprehend - an A.I. could calculate ways to dispose of us that we haven't even thought possible - and almost certainly in far cleaner ways than nuclear radiation and blast wounds.

We are at the top of the foodchain for a reason - and that is because we have thinking minds. To give this advantage away to a newcomer seems rather foolhardy - or is that the plan of the people that love to see other people die?

Thankfully, I think the possibility of creating sentient A.I. is a non-starter. Reasoning and concluding sentience requires life. And we are not Gods yet.

But therein lies the real beauty of the concept of A.I. - it's win-win either way for the psychopaths that love to kill. Our thirsty media - the means by which stories are sold to the great unwashed - is so entrenched in the control system, that should it be instructed to inform us that a sentient A.I. exists, it would do so. Whether that A.I. actually existed, or not. Of course, none of us could see it, touch it, communicate with it - because we are in a state of war. And suppose this non-existent sentient A.I. concluded that to save the planet, a certain group of people should be put in charge that would carry out the orders of the A.I., which could see into the future and thus plan accordingly? That would be very handy for the people put in charge by the A.I. They'd literally have the voice of God telling them what to do. We'd all have to listen to them and follow the plan, right?

They could even be very subtle in going about it. From deep's post above - "human consciousness has the potential to become immortal through advancements in artificial intelligence" - I'd wager that a trip into that state of existence would be one-way. A very clean way of removing a lot of troublesome, hungry, resource-guzzling meatflesh.

Still, I feel that it's a reactive, rather than proactive, plan. The people that like to kill other people tend to spot an early opportunity and then build upon it. I don't believe the trans community are pursuing this plan, they just happen to be here, now - and ripe for use. I'm sure many could be convinced.

Bored of own my voice now, going to bed.