Divining the future

C_D
Site Admin

Divining the future

Post by C_D » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:15 am

Geno-biological warfare.

The fad of wishing for human-computer interfaces will pass. Hardware breaks down frequently and machine code is infinitely hackable. The first few pioneers go insane and trials are discontinued indefinitely.

batipsto

Re: Divining the future

Post by batipsto » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Sure you're not describing the past? :P

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 am

:lol: yeah - good point. Predictions these days are potentially old news in a matter of hours. Exponentially accelerated change is difficult to keep on top of. Maybe I'll stick to divining the past a.k.a. 'reminiscing'. It's safer.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am

Ok - I'm back to divining the future. This time, based on 'hidden in plain sight' criteria.
Tesla to build world's largest lithium ion battery in Australia - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-40527784
07/07/17 (lot of 7's there)

Quote from this news story-
An Australian state will install the world's largest lithium ion battery in a "historic" deal with electric car firm Tesla and energy company Neoen.

The battery will protect South Australia from the kind of energy crisis which famously blacked out the state, Premier Jay Weatherill said.

Tesla boss Elon Musk confirmed a much-publicised promise to build it within 100 days, or do it for free.

The 100-megawatt (129 megawatt hour) battery should be ready this year.

"There is certainly some risk, because this will be largest battery installation in the world by a significant margin," Mr Musk said in Adelaide on Friday.

He added that "the next biggest battery in the world is 30 megawatts".
The part I'm intreagued by, slipped in - without any explanation or reason why - is "There is certainly some risk..."

Absolutely no mention of what the risk is. But an acceptable get-out clause if anything terrible should happen, right? We warned you.... right?

I wonder how long it will take for some catastrophy, blamed as an 'accident', to befall this experiment in the mixing of noxious gases and potentially flammable or explosive compounds.

We'll see. If it gets built at all.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:49 am

Yeah, I'll upgrade my "...if it gets built at all" prediction above, to; the Tesla company will collapse to zero in the next 12 months. It's another De Lorean.

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 am

No. It's not another Delorean.

The biggest question to me, about Elon Musk, is the question of who he really is. Who backs him? Who put him where he is today? Elon Musks don't just appear out of nowhere.

I've always been very interested in him, hoping he might be a visionary, but lately it's become clear, sadly, that ultimately his goal is to be a major massive MIC contractor. So it's probably all MIC associations invisibly pushing him along.

I wish I could have bought Tesla stock when I wanted to, when it was 27 bucks.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 am

I've always been very interested in him, hoping he might be a visionary...
I don't know much about Musk - can you precis what his vision for the world is that lead you to believe he was a visionary?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 pm

There's a big kerfuffle going down amongst users in the hallowed halls of Youtube at the moment - the management busily implementing a revised policy of additional, vaguely worded, totally prone to individual interpretation, sweeping thought-crime atrocities to it's list of already insubstantial clampdowns on what we laughingly delude ourselves as freedom of expression.

I suspect those naughty, naughty Russians might see this as an opportunity to make themselves a few dollar. We live in a global, free market, right? The internet is based everywhere, right? So Russia sets up a new digital medium that allows the disgruntled and soon-to-be silenced Youtube army that are on the wrong side of CNN to post whatever they hell like at a site that doesn't censor! It's a free market, amIright? We all have a choice, right?

Twin forces - the first; of monetary gain, basic ecconomics of demand and supply (not to mention fundamental availablity) will be pitted against the second; the narrative of another Sovereign usurping and urging insurrection of the power of the righteous, bewildered Other Sovereign.

Perfect for The System. It's those damn Russkies - again! Oh, the irony.