There seems to be a lot of fuss about the 45th President of the USA...

C_D
Site Admin

There seems to be a lot of fuss about the 45th President of the USA...

Post by C_D » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Trump. Deep State Actor or Renegade Loose Cannon? Or something else, entirely?
Fascinating, either way. :?

C_D
Site Admin

Re: There seems to be a lot of fuss about the 45th President of the USA...

Post by C_D » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Trump's 'draining the swamp' election promise is looking a bit hollow. Without having delved too deeply into specific appointees (note: must do), the concensus across alternative media (which to my mind very has few crossovers with the 'alt-right' scene), is that there are plenty of old-skool neocons, Goldman bankers, Military invasionists and General Toadies being given positions of power.
This makes me seriously question his credentials as a rogue element.

I maintain that Trump is exactly the kind of leader that America (corporate, industrial, military, monetary) has been heading towards since 9/11.
A country comprising 5% of world population that consumes 40% of the worlds resources, under pressure from an increasingly beligerant internal percentage of the population that expects all the toys but feels guilty about the requisite oppression of others required to keep it all going, needs a Corporatist leader to pull it all together. Ghastly, but is it really that surprising?
I retain the right to constantly change my mind, fickle being that I am.

semper occultus

Post by semper occultus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Nafeez Ahmed's take

It appears that there are common themes among the different groupings that comprise the Trump regime. Among them are experiences and recognition of crisis: Rex Tillerson and Steve Bannon, for instance, come from backgrounds acknowledging the reality of the planetary ecological crisis.
Energy interests linked to Murdoch believe in an imminent social, economic and political crisis due to peak oil.
Most Trump teamsters see their task as saving the fossil fuel industries from crises external to them, and now all ostensibly tend to deny the gravity of the industry’s environmental impacts.
All are worried about the profits of their friends in Wall Street.
A large number of Trump team associates have ties to John Tanton, whose proto-Nazi views are rooted in an eugenics-inspired belief that the environmental crisis is due to too many non-white people.
And now Trump’s national security team draws on the parallel views of the old Nixon era Kissinger team concerning the threat of overpopulated poor countries undermining US access to the world’s food, energy and raw materials resources — for which the solution could be to ‘cauldronize’ countries of strategic interest.
These crisis-perceptions, however, are not grounded in systemic insight: but are refracted through the narrow lenses of self-serving power. The crises are relevant only insofar that they represent a threat to their interests. But most importantly, their ensuing beliefs about how to respond to these crises end up being refracted through the ideological framework of the conservative-liberal polarity.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence ... .wf4n4do2w

deep state

Post by deep state » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 pm

I don't follow much of the current political debate, or any of it really, but it filters down to me of course; the main thing that interests me around this is the liberal reaction to Trump and the force and vigor of antifa emotions, and the behaviors that are being condoned as a result (probably the main reason we ended up posting about this here rather than you-know-where).

The notion that for Liberalism to conquer Fascism requires Liberalism becoming as forceful and uncompromising, as brutal and as bad as Fascism is very rich. Because of course, what kind if victory is it, if you become as bad as what you have defeated? Or rather, who is the real victor?

I enjoyed this guy's videos on the subject (guess we need a youtube button)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEmk-U57zo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyC80feMcgU

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 pm

^^ Yeah, Sargon's a big noise, now.
He pretty much mirrors my own exasperation at the current 'Left' (a position I have historically supported). It's the intransigent nature of their self-belief - that they are as correct as it can possibly be - and anyone who disagrees with the minutest detail is a fascist that automatically deserves de-platforming, a beating or death. Scary.
Trouble is, say someone believes in the social good - higher taxes, public healthcare, acceptance of colour or creed, better working conditions etc - but they want to see a reduction in immigration. I feel the 'Left' would brand them a Fascist and sentence them to a Gulag, if we had any. This polarisation can only make communication ever more difficult between those that want it all their own way and those that are more flexible.
We seem to approaching a point of no common ground - and having to make the uncomfortable binary choice of us against them.
I hope not, of course - but it's troubling.

C_D
Site Admin

Greenwald on Deep State

Post by C_D » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 am

Greenwald: Empowering the "Deep State" to Undermine Trump is Prescription for Destroying Democracy 16 Feb 2017 Democracy Now

Some supporters of Trump, including Breitbart News, have accused the intelligence agencies of attempting to wage a deep state coup against the president. Meanwhile, some critics of Trump are openly embracing such activity. Bill Kristol, the prominent Republican analyst who founded The Weekly Standard, wrote on Twitter, "Obviously strongly prefer normal democratic and constitutional politics. But if it comes to it, prefer the deep state to the Trump state." We talk about the deep state with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald, co-founder of The Intercept.

cont -
Fuck me, that Chuck Schumer (briefly, in the video) is creepy.

deep state

Post by deep state » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:38 pm

I don't know how much truth is in this but it seems plausible, if Trump wanted to rout out some of his enemies and seize power, this would be one way to do it.

From here: https://steemit.com/crime/@mandireiserr ... e-via-blog

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:12 am

Today, we have an exclusive interview with a special DHS insider who has answered some critical questions we have on PizzaGate. Our insider prefers to call it PedoGate and what he told us blew our minds! We are so fortunate that members of the Intel community like our work and feel they can trust us. We have been trying to get to the bottom of PizzaGate for months and the answers we got from our DHS insider stunned and shocked us. Here we go!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-1 ... versus-spy

Q. So, in the Intelligence community, how chaotic is the atmosphere now?

A. In my 34 years of Governmental service, I have never seen anything like it. It’s the bifurcation of the entire intelligence apparatus.

Q. It seems the intel community has it in for Trump – is this your feeling?

A. There are many Trump supporters within the FBI. The CIA, however, is against Trump because Trump threatens to ruin their game in the middle east.

Q. Can you elaborate?

A. CIA and Mossad work in tandem with British intel. The goal for the CIA was to replace Assad with a puppet and to topple Iran so we could access their oil. Israel works closely with it’s “sister”, Saudi Arabia, to help this dark cause.

Q. So it seems like the intel community has it in for Trump. How can he protect himself?

A. Trump has a tremendous opportunity here, but needs to circle wagons. The travel ban included 7 countries chosen by both Jared Kushner and Rudy. Why did it not include Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or Turkey or other countries that hate us? The seven nations mentioned were chosen by Israel, that’s why. And the unspoken alliance of Israel and Saudi Arabia should be exposed. They are brother and sister. Jared Kushner needs to be careful with what he says and to whom. But, the biggest thing Trump can do is expose PedoGate via Sessions. Big names will go down hard, and it gets the blood suckers drained from the swamp. There are as many pedophiles on the Republican side as there is with democrats, but Trump is in a unique position to truly “clean up Dodge”, so to speak. I can tell you that what is in Anthony Weiner’s hard drive, and what videos exist via Jeffery Epstein, WILL BRING massive arrests – in time. Trump’s legacy could be truly great if he was to purge the CIA, stop the extortion, prosecute the pedophiles and reinstate the death penalty for pedo’s convicted a second time. Pedogate is his path to greatness.

Q. How does Russia fit into all this?

A. The CIA and Israel are responsible for the creation of Isis. Isis was created specifically to weaken Iran and destabilize Syria. It worked for a while until Putin shored up Assad and bolstered Iranian Qud forces. The real reason you see such anti-Russian fever from both Schumer and McCain, Graham and Feinstein, is because the operation has blown up in our faces.

Q. Is Israel behind the anti Russian sentiment?

A. Yes. Israeli intelligence is furious with Trump, and will do anything to keep Trump from working with Putin. Understand that if Trump and Putin work together to defeat Isis, they are actually defeating a CIA/Mossad creation, and furthermore, Syria and Iran grow stronger, which the Saudis and the Israeli’s fear. Their goal was to divide Syria and ultimately destroy Iran’s regime. It is not just an oil grab, but a much bigger attempt at moving the chess pieces to allow Israel and Saudi Arabia to dominate the entire Middle East.

Q. So they demonize Putin and try to tarnish the Trump administration?

A. The Deep State is at war with both Trump and Putin. Understand that when Israeli intelligence hears “America first” from Trump, they go apeshit. Israel has bribed, extorted and intimidated our politicians for decades and suddenly this upstart billionaire threatens to ruin everything.

Q. You mention the word extort. Does that relate to Pizzagate?

A. PedoGate is only a modern term associated with a long history of Pedo-blackmail connected to both Israel and the Intel community. There is a full court press to stop PedoGate from being looked at because if people knew the true motives behind the pedophilia epidemic, they would do more than march on Washington. They could actually seed a revolution, with the spark coming from decent American parents who want to protect their kids. Our politicians are compromised. The senior analyst nicknamed “FBI Anon” alluded to this in his exchange with folks on 4chan and with you.

Q. What do you mean compromised?

A. Do you notice 2 central themes running through the MSM lately? Those themes are “Fear the Russians” and “#PizzaGate is fake news“. Both tropes come from the same place.

Q. Can you explain?

A. How do we exert power? Via fear. Do you ever wonder why both Democrats and Republicans fall all over themselves to kiss up to Israel? Odd, since Israel is the size of Rhode Island… The fact is, many of our politicians – on both sides – have been compromised by CIA and Mossad for years. It’s actually not admiration they are expressing for Israel, but fear. Notice Lindsay Graham and Chuck Schumer repeating the same salute when it comes to Israel. How does that even happen? The American people are finally seeing that there is no two-party system, but one big shadow Government pretending we have political dichotomy.

Q. So PedoGate is real and “they” have to get Americans to disbelieve it?

A. Let me explain how threatening PedoGate is… Who wins? Trump. Putin. Americans. Russians. The world…. Who loses? Israel, since they no longer can blackmail our politicians, the same goes for the CIA. The Shadow Government loses. But, the people win.

Q. Can you give me specific instances of politicians being compromised by Israel?

A. Sure. Lolita Island. Jeffery Epstein, a billionaire convicted of pedophilia received a soft sentence. His island was rigged with video recorders. Many politicians have been compromised. It was a Mossad/CIA operation. Contact ex-senior CIA CCS, Robert David Steele. Bob knows and has even spoken about this with numerous reporters.

Q. So an ex-CIA senior agent named Robert Steele is on record saying Epstein’s island was a honey trap to lure our most powerful politicians into a extortion scheme?

A. Yes. There are videos of some of the most powerful players in the most humiliating positions. If this gets out, not only are the politicians ruined, but the extortion game is over and suddenly, the influence CIA and Mossad wield over Washington, is gone.

Q. Wow ! Now its all making sense.

A. Yes. lets continue this conversation later.

The interview resumes

Q. So I checked out Robert David Steele, and he mentions Chuck Schumer being on Lolita Island. So does FBI anon. Is that why Schumer is targeting Trump’s cabinet picks?

A. Connect the dots.

Q. How many other politicians have been secretly extorted?

A. One in three, roughly. It’s not just the Island, its all of their activities. The reason #Pedogate terrifies the media, the CIA, the Israel Lobby, is because they are all part of this “shadow swamp”

Q. Former CIA agent, Robert Steele, says Mossad operated Lolita Island and CIA worked with them. That’s treason on all levels.

A. Yes, and its espionage. Just as these leaks from the intel community regarding Flynn. I expect that at some later moment, Trump will leak some of these videos

Q. Wait. Trump has videos of politicians in ‘delicate” situations?

A. No, But the Intel community has them, and Trump has strong support among certain players in the community. Trump has said he wants to “throw a spotlight on the cockroaches”.

Q. But Trump just met with Netanyahu and pledged the usual unbreakable bond with Israel.

A. Theatre. Netanyahu is desperate to both play Trump into attacking Syria,and hate Putin, and to convince him PedoGate is a conspiracy theory.

Q. That is what Robert Steele says, as well. So, exposing the Pedophiles diminishes Israel’s influence in American politics and also changes the map in a critical mass way?

A. The same media screaming “The Russians are coming” is the same media who says “Pizzagate is fake news” That’s CIA and Mossad talking points.

Q. How do social media giants like Facebook and Google fit in?

A. Facebook and CIA are literally the same petri-dish. Google became a Deep State organ courtesy of Eric Schmidt.

Q. Getting back to the Pedo stuff, FBI anon said in July of last year, that the Clinton Foundation sold secrets to foreign nations. Did they also engage in PizzaGate?

A. There are videos of WJC that would destroy him. FBI anon leaked weeks ago, on purpose. There was a reason.

Q. Ok, FBI anon gave Schumers initials, and Barnet Frank and others, but so far we have only seen low level arrests.

A . FBI anon did a “bank shot”. That’s a pool hall term we use. Ask Bob about it. FBI Anon rattled their cages as other DHS and local authorities rounded up all sorts of street-level human traffickers. The big arrests will come in time, but first the small fish are interrogated, and provide information that leads to larger fish. FBI Anon was firing a shot across the bow, much like you shake a beehive to infuriate the bees. Notice how blatantly hostile McCain, Schumer, Graham, and others are? It was what we call a “targeted trigger“.

It worked. By long-kniving Flynn, they exposed their hand. Now, Trump has full executive powers to investigate the CIA and Mossad. Notice how there is sound and fury about “Russian influence” and utter silence on “Mossad” influence in our power structure?

When FBI anon leaked in early July, the whole idea was to expose the Clinton Foundation,and to hint at the sale of “people” i.e. Pedogate. Look back at his exchange on 4chan. He is a gifted analyst, and knows just what stone to throw at Goliath’s noggin. By triggering the shadow Government, he helps citizen journalists ask the right questions and follow the right breadcrumbs, not the rabbit holes the Elite scum want you to follow.

Now, PedoGate victims are speaking out on their experiences! You just had a story on some lady who went through having her family abused by California-Deep-State-sponsored terrorism. If folks knew that CPS in California is tied into a huge racket that kidnaps children from parents, they would realize just how sick this is. Foster homes, CPS, etc… all get paid well to jail parents and then snatch their kids away. These kids suffer abuse, and perpetuate the growing cancer called pedogate. Politicians who have pedophile tendencies are groomed for power, because they can be later extorted and controlled. Meanwhile, victims have no voice- until now. Suddenly, we have citizen journalism, and it will end up saving the people, in the end.

I have to go, but please contact Robert David Steele, the former CIA agent we discussed. I am sure he would appear on your channel. You are providing a real service to the people and we hope you will continue to speak up for the regular folks who are concerned, rightfully, as to the state of our nation. Take care

deep state

Post by deep state » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:06 pm

'Mind Manipulations” to Influence Election Results

By Peter Koenig

January 06, 2017 http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/46173.htm

"Hacking” to influence election results? Ridiculous! That may have been a thing of the past.

Or not even. It’s an evil invention of the evil losers of the evil Hillary camp, supported by a criminal departing President Obama, who will be leaving office, of course, not with a bang, not even with a whimper, but with a disgrace for his nation and for the truth loving people all around the world.

What a legacy the first African-american US President leaves behind – the architect of thousands of indiscriminate and illegal drone killings, by starting five new wars, being currently involved in seven unjustified and illegal armed conflicts around the globe, killing millions of people and, finally, as a miserable liar.

Already back in August 2016, NSA whistleblower William Binney stated on Aaron Klein Investigative Radio that

“the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) server was not hacked by Russia, but by a disgruntled US intelligence worker.” Binney went on to proclaim that “the NSA has all of Clinton’s deleted emails, and the FBI could gain access to them if they so wished.”

He concluded that there was no need for Trump to ask the Russians for the emails, he could just ask the FBI or NSA to hand them over.

So, one of President Obama’s last deeds in this illustrious office of the Presidency of the United States, is lying to the American people and lying to the world. – Bravo!

The truth behind Donald Trump’s ‘surprise’ election may lay somewhere else. It’s called Psychometrics, a method based on massive behavioral data collection of people to be targeted by propaganda, or more accurately expressed by mind manipulation. This PR technology has been marketed and applied by a small London-based data analysis firm, called ‘Cambridge Analytica’.

The research firm first worked for Republican Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz, U.S. Senator from Texas, who was little known by most Americans. Cambridge Analytica increased his popularity to 40%, but not enough to win the Republican nomination. The data analysis firm was then hired by Trump’s campaign team – successfully as it appears. In this 11-minute YouTube, Alexander Nix, CEO of Cambridge Analytica, explains the method on the case of Ted Cruz.

As reported by the Swiss newspaper, ‘Tagesanzeiger’ (TA), Psychometrics, or Psychographics, as such is not new. It was developed in the 1980s, as a scientific tool to help determine people’s personalities.

Psychologists concluded that every trait of a person’s character can be categorized into five personality dimensions. The system is called OCEAN, for Openness, Consciousness, level of Extraversion, Amicability (compatibility) and Neuroticism.

In this regard, Cambridge Analytica’s CEO claims that based on about 70 Facebook-Likes, they can determine with 95% accuracy whether a person is black or white, with 88% accuracy whether he/she is homosexual and with 85% accuracy whether he /she is a Democrat or Republican.

With 150 ‘Likes’ he knows a person better than his / her parents, and with 300, better than his / her partner. These are impressive claims. But Are they correct? Many critics dispute them, mainly arguing there is no proof that targeted people (i) actually do vote, and (ii) that they vote according to their profile. In any case, it would be difficult to verify to what extent Cambridge Analytica helped Donald Trump to win the elections. Cambridge Analytica also claims credit for the BREXIT vote.

Facebook entries are not the only input to “Big Data”. In addition to tens of thousands of ‘likes’ collected, data on peoples’ google browsing, eating and consumer habits, what cosmetics and rock bands they like, whether they are drug, cigarettes and / or alcohol addicts, or just users, what type of alcohol, brand or type of car they prefer, their banking customs, even the speed with which they remove their cell phone from their pockets when it rings – and-so-on – are also entered into “Big Data”. We are indeed living in the age of no holds barred as far as disrespect for privacy and universal data collection is concerned. As long as we let it happen, it will only get worse.

Hundreds of thousands of people are literally being ‘profiled’ for targeted and personalized propaganda messages to convince segments of people and individuals of think-alikes to vote for or against a candidate. The TA concludes, that’s why Trump’s campaign messages were often contradictory and confusing, difficult to establish a clear picture of where he really stands. This is still the case today.

According to Cambridge Analytica, in the ‘olden days’, social research firms had to get people filling-in cumbersome questionnaires, based on demographics. Today this approach is outdated. We have internet and Facebook. Not all women, blacks, Hispanics, gays, straights – vote alike. This false assumption was still used by Hillary’s campaign and demonstrated to be deceptive. Even though Hillary had about 2.7 million more popular votes, she lost the election by electorates. Cambridge Analytica worked on swing states. Within these States, they targeted specifically the ‘vulnerable’ or undecided, or motivated those with no intention to vote to get off their butts and cast their vote for Trump, or against Hillary, depending on their profile.

For example, Haitians in Florida, who had no intention to vote, but would have leaned Democratic, i.e. for Hillary, were targeted with propaganda describing the corruption of the Clinton Foundation and how the Clintons ruined Haiti’s economy. So – they went to vote for Trump as an anti-Clinton vote. At least this was the plan and apparently, it worked in sufficient cases to be effective.

Although we will never know for sure to what extent Cambridge Analytica has contributed to Trump’s election win, we can be certain that the method, inexpensive as compared to demographic profiling, will be used masively in the future, most certainly in the upcoming elections in France and the Netherlands (Spring 2017) and Germany (Fall 2017).

Thanks goodness for President Putin (I must have said this many times before) to give Mr. Obama and all the people around him, a lesson on how to behave like a statesman and not like a losing looney what he is.

President Putin did not retaliate Obama’s flagrant lie-based expelling of 35 Russian diplomats with families just before New Year’s Eve, in full preparation of year-end festivities. Instead he invited US diplomats in Moscow and their kids to celebrate the year-end festivities with their Russian colleagues. Obama’s act of cowardice was framed as ‘sanction’ for ‘Russian interference in US elections’ – a blatant lie. Mr. Obama, the master puppet of the deep state that pulls the strings on his lips and mind – he, (nominally) President Obama, knows it’s a sham.

Peter Koenig is an economist and geopolitical analyst. He is also a former World Bank staff and worked extensively around the world in the fields of environment and water resources. He is the author of Implosion – An Economic Thriller about War, Environmental Destruction and Corporate Greed – fiction based on facts and on 30 years of World Bank experience around the globe. He is also a co-author of The World Order and Revolution! – Essays from the Resistance.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:32 pm

So, Trumps pre-election promise to pull back on foreign adventurism is bollocks.

The whole speech:
President Trump

Thank you very much. Thank you. Please be seated. Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Tillerson, members of the cabinet, General Dunford, Deputy Secretary Shanahan and Colonel Duggan. Most especially, thank you to the men and women of Fort Myer and every member of the United States military at home and abroad. We send our thoughts and prayers to the families of our brave sailors who were injured and lost after a tragic collision at sea as well as to those conducting the search and recovery efforts.

I am here tonight to lay out our path forward in Afghanistan and South Asia. But before I provide the details of our new strategy, I want to say a few words to the service members here with us tonight, to those watching from their posts, and to all Americans listening at home. Since the founding of our republic, our country has produced a special class of heroes whose selflessness, courage, and resolve is unmatched in human history.

American patriots from every generation have given their last breath on the battlefield - for our nation and for our freedom. Through their lives, and though their lives were cut short, in their deeds they achieved total immortality. By following the heroic example of those who fought to preserve our republic, we can find the inspiration our country needs to unify, to heal and to remain one nation under God. The men and women of our military operate as one team, with one shared mission and one shared sense of purpose.

They transcend every line of race, ethnicity, creed and color to serve together and sacrifice together in absolutely perfect cohesion. That is because all service members are brothers and sisters. They are all part of the same family. It’s called the American family. They take the same oath, fight for the same flag and live according to the same law.

They are bound together by common purpose, mutual trust and selfless devotion to our nation and to each other. The soldier understands what we as a nation too often forget, that a wound inflicted upon on a single member of our community is a wound inflicted upon us all. When one part of America hurts, we all hurt.

And when one citizen suffers an injustice, we all suffer together. Loyalty to our nation demands loyalty to one another. Love for America requires love for all of its people. When we open our hearts to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice, no place for bigotry and no tolerance for hate. The young men and women we send to fight our wars abroad deserve to return to a country that is not at war with itself at home. We cannot remain a force for peace in the world if we are not at peace with each other.

As we send our bravest to defeat our enemies overseas, and we will always win, let us find the courage to heal our divisions within. Let us make a simple promise to the men and women we ask to fight in our name, that when they return home from battle, they will find a country that has renewed the sacred bonds of love and loyalty that unite us together as one.

Thanks to the vigilance and skill of the American military, and of our many allies throughout the world, horrors on the scale of September 11, and nobody can ever forget that, have not been repeated on our shores. But we must acknowledge the reality I am here to talk about tonight, that nearly 16 years after September 11 attacks, after the extraordinary sacrifice of blood and treasure, the American people are weary of war without victory.

Nowhere is this more evident than with the war in Afghanistan, the longest war in American history - 17 years. I share the American people's frustration. I also share their frustration over a foreign policy that has spent too much time, energy, money, and most importantly, lives trying to rebuild countries in our own image instead of pursuing our security interests above all other considerations. That is why shortly after my inauguration, I directed Secretary of Defense Mattis and my national security team to undertake a comprehensive review of all strategic options in Afghanistan and South Asia.

My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts. But all my life, I have heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the oval office. In other words, when you are president of the United States. So I studied Afghanistan in great detail and from every conceivable angle. After many meetings over many months, we held our final meeting last Friday at Camp David with my cabinet and generals to complete our strategy. I arrived at three fundamental conclusion about America's core interests in Afghanistan.

First, our nation must seek an honorable and enduring outcome worthy of the tremendous sacrifices that have been made, especially the sacrifices of lives. The men and women who serve our nation in combat deserve a plan for victory. They deserve the tools they need and the trust they have earned to fight and to win. Second, the consequences of a rapid exit are both predictable and unacceptable. 9/11, the worst terrorist attack in our history, was planned and directed from Afghanistan because that country by a government that gave comfort and shelter to terrorists. A hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum that terrorists, including ISIS and al Qaeda, would instantly fill, just as happened before September 11. And as we know, in 2011, America hastily and mistakenly withdrew from Iraq.

As a result, our hard-won gains slipped back into the hands of terrorists enemies. Our soldiers watched as cities they had fought for bled to liberate and won were occupied by a terrorist group called ISIS. The vacuum we created by leaving too soon gave safe haven for ISIS to spread, to grow, recruit and launch attacks. We cannot repeat in Afghanistan the mistake our leaders made in Iraq.

Third and finally, I concluded that the security threats we face in Afghanistan and the broader region are immense. Today, 20 U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organizations are active in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The highest concentration in any region anywhere in the world. For its part, Pakistan often gives safe haven to agents of chaos, violence, and terror. The threat is worse because Pakistan and India are two nuclear-armed states, whose tense relations threat to spiral into conflict, and that could happen.

No one denies that we have inherited a challenging and troubling situation in Afghanistan and South Asia, but we do not have the luxury of going back in time and making different or better decisions.

When I became president, I was given a bad and very complex hand, but I fully knew what I was getting into. Big and intricate problems. But one way or another, these problems will be solved. I am a problem solver. And in the end, we will win. We must address the reality of the world as it exists right now, the threats we face, and the confronting of all of the problems of today, an extremely predictable consequences of a hasty withdrawal. We need look no further than last week's vile, vicious attack in Barcelona to understand that terror groups will stop at nothing to commit the mass murder of innocent men, women, and children.

You saw it for yourself. Horrible. As I outlined in my speech in Saudi Arabia, three months ago, America and our partners are committed to stripping terrorists of their territory, cutting off their funding and exposing the false allure of their evil ideology. Terrorists who slaughter innocent people will find no glory in this life or the next. They are nothing but thugs and criminals and predators, and, that’s right, losers. Working alongside our allies, we will break their will, dry up their recruitment, keep them from crossing our borders, and yes, we will defeat them, and we will defeat them handily. In Afghanistan and Pakistan, America's interests are clear.

We must stop the resurgence of safe havens that enable terrorists to threaten America. And we must prevent nuclear weapons and materials from coming into the hands of terrorists and being used against us or anywhere in the world, for that matter. But to prosecute this war, we will learn from history.

As a result of our comprehensive review, American strategy in Afghanistan and South Asia will change dramatically in the following ways: A core pillar of our new strategy is a shift from a time-based approach to one based on conditions. I’ve said it many times, how counterproductive it is for the United States to announce in advance the dates we intend to begin or end military operations.

We will not talk about numbers of troops or our plans for further military activities. Conditions on the ground, not arbitrary timetables, will guide our strategy from now on. America's enemies must never know our plans or believe they can wait us out. I will not say when we are going to attack, but attack we will. Another fundamental pillar of our new strategy is the integration of all instruments of American power, diplomatic, economic, and military, toward a successful outcome. Someday, after an effective military effort, perhaps it will be possible to have a political settlement that includes elements of the Taliban and Afghanistan, but nobody knows if or when that will ever happen. America will continue its support for the Afghan government and the Afghan military as they confront the Taliban in the field.

Ultimately, it is up to the people of Afghanistan to take ownership of their future, to govern their society, and to achieve an everlasting peace. We are a partner and a friend, but we will not dictate to the Afghan people how to live or how to govern their own complex society. We are not nation building again. We are killing terrorists.

The next pillar of our new strategy is to change the approach in how to deal with Pakistan. We can no longer be silent about Pakistan's safe havens for terrorist organizations, the Taliban, and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond.

Pakistan has much to gain from partnering with our effort in Afghanistan. It has much to lose by continuing to harbor criminals and terrorists. In the past, Pakistan has been a valued partner. Our militaries have worked together against common enemies. The Pakistani people have suffered greatly from terrorism and extremism. We recognize those contributions and those sacrifices, but Pakistan has also sheltered the same organizations that try every single day to kill our people. We have been paying Pakistan billions and billions of dollars, at the same time they are housing the same terrorists that we are fighting. But that will have to change. And that will change immediately. No partnership can survive a country's harboring of militants and terrorists who target U.S. service members and officials. It is time for Pakistan to demonstrate its commitment to civilization, order, and to peace.

Another critical part of the South Asia strategy or America is to further develop its strategic partnership with India, the world's largest democracy and a key security and economic harbor of the United States. We appreciate India's important contributions to stability in Afghanistan, but India makes billions of dollars in trade with the United States, and we want them to help us more with Afghanistan, especially in the area of economic assistance and development. We are committed to pursuing our shared objectives for peace and security in South Asia and the broader Indo-Pacific region.

Finally, my administration will ensure that you, the brave defenders of the American people, will have the necessary tools and rules of engagement to make this strategy work and work effectively and work quickly. I have already lifted restrictions the previous administration placed on our war fighters that prevented the secretary of defense and our commanders in the field from fully and swiftly waging battle against the enemy. Micromanagement from Washington, D.C., does not win battles. They are won in the field drawing upon the judgment and expertise of wartime commanders and frontline soldiers, acting in real time with real authority and with a clear mission to defeat the enemy. That is why we will also expand authority for American armed forces to target the terrorists and criminal networks that sow violence and chaos throughout Afghanistan.

The killers need to know they have nowhere to hide, that no place is beyond the reach of American might and American arms. Retribution will be fast and powerful. As we lift restrictions and expand authorities in the field, we are already seeing dramatic results in the campaign to defeat ISIS, including the liberation of Mosul in Iraq. Since my inauguration, we have achieved record-breaking success in that regard. We will also maximize sanctions and other financial and law enforcement actions against these networks to eliminate their ability to export terror. When America commits its warriors to battle, we must ensure they have every weapon to apply swift, decisive, and overwhelming force.

Our troops will fight to win. We will fight to win. From now on, victory will have a clear definition. — attacking our enemies, obliterating ISIS, crushing al Qaeda, preventing the Taliban from taking over Afghanistan, and stopping mass terror attacks against America before they emerge. We will ask our NATO allies and global partners to support our new strategy, with additional troop and funding increases in line with our own. We are confident they will.

Since taking office, I have made clear that our allies and partners must contribute much more money to our collective defense, and they have done so. In this struggle, the heaviest burden will continue to be borne by the good people of Afghanistan and their courageous armed forces.

As the prime minister of Afghanistan has promised, we are going to participate in economic development to help defray the cost of this war to us. Afghanistan is fighting to defend and secure their country against the same enemies who threaten us. The stronger the Afghan security forces become, the less we will have to do. Afghans will secure and build their own nation and define their own future. We want them to succeed. But we will no longer use American military might to construct democracies in faraway lands or try to rebuild other countries in our own image. Those days are now over. Instead, we will work with allies and partners to protect our shared interests.

We are not asking others to change their way of life but to pursue common goals that allow our children to live better and safer lives. This principled realism will guide our decisions moving forward. Military power alone will not bring peace to Afghanistan or stop the terrorist threat arising in that country.

But strategically-applied force aims to create the conditions for a political process to achieve a lasting peace. America will work with the Afghan government as long as we see determination and progress.

However, our commitment is not unlimited, and our support is not a blank check. The government of Afghanistan must carry their share of the military, political, and economic burden. The American people expect to see real reforms, real progress, and real results.

Our patience is not unlimited. We will keep our eyes wide open. In abiding by the oath I took on January 20, I will remain steadfast in protecting American lives and American interests. In this effort, we will make common cause with any nation that chooses to stand and fight alongside us against this global threat.

Terrorists, take heed. America will never let up until you are dealt a lasting defeat. Under my administration, many billions of dollars more is being spent on our military. And this includes vast amounts being spent on our nuclear arsenal and missile defense. In every generation we have faced down evil, and we have always prevailed.

We prevailed because we know who we are and what we are fighting for. Not far from where we are gathered tonight, hundreds of thousands of America's greatest patriots lay in eternal rest at Arlington national cemetery. There is more courage, sacrifice, and love in those hallowed grounds than in any other spot on the face of this Earth.

Many of those who have fought and died in Afghanistan enlisted in the months after September 11, 2001. They volunteered for a simple reason: they loved America and they were determined to protect her. Now we must secure the cause for which they gave their lives. We must unite to defend America from its enemies abroad. We must restore the bonds of loyalty among our citizens at home, and we must achieve an honorable and enduring outcome worthy of the enormous price that so many have paid.

Our actions and in the months to come, all of them will honor the sacrifice of every fallen hero, every family who lost a loved one, and every wounded warrior who shed their blood in defense of our great nation.

With our resolve, we will ensure that your service and that your families will bring about the defeat of our enemies and the arrival of peace. We will push onward to victory with power in our hearts, courage in our souls and everlasting pride in each and every one of you. Thank you. May God bless our military, and may God bless the United States of America. Thank you very much. Thank you
Strip out the references to what a crappy situation the previous administration has left him in and the speech could have come from the mouth of any ex-president of the last 30 years.

Hope & Change mk2

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 am

Oh, this is starting to get very interesting. The schism created by the system - and in the left corner, we have, weighing in at 100 million adults and their dependents, a movement that wants to see white people demoted to the second class carriage and a lot more non-whiteys in the driving seats of power, leading towards a bright new future of equality for all but no clear or defined way of getting there, except for the conviction that anyone who isn't on their side is a Nazi - and in the right corner, we have, weighing in at 100 million adults and their dependents, a beleaguered assortment of ex-malcontents, nationalists, status-quo lovers and anyone that finds the left corner a bit scary, who believed that El Trumpino was going to be different in policy, but have been sorely disappointed by his lack of any difference to any other Prez for the last 50 years.

It's always surprising where it will manifest itself next. The NFL kneel down - I tell you what, this might actually make sport a bit more competitive and interesting. You'll have teams from left-leaning cities that kneel, really wanting to kick the fuck out of right-leaning city teams because they're obviously Nazis. We should see some proper violence develop soon.

It can only be so long before the shooting starts. They do love their guns. Never ever seen a gun, myself. But I can imagine the fantasy that Hollywood projects about guns is very different to the reality. I bet it's a very messy business being shot, lots of crying and pain and probably screaming.

Will it be a very un-civil war, with no clear sides, or will it be war with a manufactured enemy to unite the American people against a common foe?
Whichever way, that sucker is going down. The die is cast. This has been a long time brewing. A gangster State acts like gangsters. Maybe it is a Russian plot. The Ruskies are very good at analytical thinking. And fighting dirty. And America is hardly the shining beacon it once believed itself to be. The best they could offer this time around was Trumpy or Clinty, ffs. LOL! Its little wonder the vultures are circling.

Wonder where the division will manifest next? Maybe in the US armed forces. Now, that will be interesting to see.

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 am

Come on man, don't make fun of big daddy, he is the most aerodynamic pres we ever had. And, he isn't orange anymore either! Gonna try to upload a pic, don't know whats gonna happen...

The thing that gives me comfort is knowing that the "extreme left" were largely bused in and paid to act stupid and scream "nazi."

Have you noticed since Trump became Pres we don't have fake "mass shooting of the week" anymore? That shit got boring anyway. Now we have "cars crash into crowds" and some folks actually got hurt. My guess is that these people, some of em anyway, are MK victims.
Attachments
trump golden ratio.PNG
trump golden ratio.PNG (18.54 KiB) Viewed 431 times
exodus refugee

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am

LOL at that golden ratio. There's something about Trump that makes him interesting to watch, for a short period of time. He doesn't pause when he's speaking, like so many politicians - as they take into account all other previous bullshit they have said and making sure it tallies up with what they're about to say - so it's no wonder that he puts his foot in his mouth quite often.
I totally agree that people who drive cars into crowds have mental issues, whether those issues were put there by MK or not - but there have always been people with just plain mental issues. Look at what happened to poor slad. ;)
Politically highly-charged events like Charlottesville attract highly-charged individuals - and that can include psychos. Are you American, greycircle?

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 am

Are you American, greycircle?
Yep i'm amurikan.

I totally agree that people who drive cars into crowds have mental issues, whether those issues were put there by MK or not - but there have always been people with just plain mental issues. Look at what happened to poor slad.
I looked over there today for the first time in about three weeks. Oh man...Its worse than ever. I looked over the last couple of pages of the "Why Do People Apologize For Russia" thread. It was a toxic tragedy. The last two pages of the thread were slad holding court and lashing out at a few others with her passive aggressive toxicity. She treats that place like her own personal concentration camp. I guess thats really the same person behind that name but its hard to believe.

Slad used to have a lot of different eclectic metaphysical type subjects she posted about. Its like its been wiped from her memory because she never posts about that sort of stuff anymore. Its just gone from her personality, totally. She just sits there all day wallowing in propaganda and arguing with anybody that dares go against her narrative. Its sad. If thats really still the same person Trump drove her to rabid furniture leg biting insanity. :twisted:
exodus refugee

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:10 pm

C_D wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 am
and in the right corner, we have, weighing in at 100 million adults and their dependents, a beleaguered assortment of ex-malcontents, nationalists, status-quo lovers and anyone that finds the left corner a bit scary, who believed that El Trumpino was going to be different in policy, but have been sorely disappointed by his lack of any difference to any other Prez for the last 50 years.
"ex-malcontents" indicates that these people are now .. contented. I don't see that.

"status-quo lovers" indicates that the ppl who voted for Trump liked things the way they were under Obama. that isn't logical.

"finds the Left corner a bit scary" The left of today is terrifying which is why many Liberals are left rudderless. They aren't suddenly 'right' or 'conservative' they simply aren't whatever the Left now is: fascist, totalitarian, illogical, communist

If you're going to demonize a group of people the least you could do is think about it for five minutes before you type.

Nice to meet you.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Yeah, I do generalise.

When I said ex-malcontents, I mean't less malcontented, now that the 'left' has gone batshit bonkers and the system in place doesn't seem quite so bad. Not that it isn't.

"status-quo lovers" - I have to assume you believe there is a difference between Obama and Trump. I do not see any differences whatsoever. Both are figureheads of an eternal deep state. I also assume that you believe voting decides who will be President (I do not) and that different Presidents have different policies. They do not. They merely continue what has gone before. Witness Trumps promises that won him an election - he will backtrack on all of them.
"finds the Left corner a bit scary" The left of today is terrifying which is why many Liberals are left rudderless. They aren't suddenly 'right' or 'conservative' they simply aren't whatever the Left now is: fascist, totalitarian, illogical, communist
I know this. The point I was trying to make is that the left do not discern. They tar all with the same brush. Right-wing is anyone who isn't left wing. I think many of the SJW's have quite literally lost their minds. The deep state media that goads them on doesn't help.

Nice to meet you, too.

edited to add - I'm not American, never been there, only met a few Americans, see a lot of their news and share a lot of their concerns, frustrations etc but I have no idea what it's like to be an American. It must be weird at the moment though, judging by what I'm hearing.

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Yes I see a difference between Obama and Trump and I'm not so far gone as to think voting is completely irrelevant.

I see the establishment freak out as more than simple theater, in this case.

Trump is a wildcard to a greater degree than anyone has been in a long time, IMO.

jakell

Post by jakell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 am

Styx's title might be a bit hyperbolic here, but he reigns that in with plenty of nuance in the actual video. I don't follow mainstream American politics very closely, but Styx does it pretty well so I don't have to get my hands too dirty, he was right about Trump last year and I tend to take notice of him.

Apart from Styx's observations here, it's noticable to even the casual observer that Trump hysteria has diminished somewhat and those who got feverish may even try to pretend that they didn't inhale. For an example just check out your local reliable Trump hysteric and take their temperature, they may even have moved on in search of fresher boogeymen**.
Concerning this last, and in line with Styx's previous discussions of moral panics (on here) satisfying a particular psychological need, those Trump hysterics who are now finding his malevolence less triggering may find a new home in the antifa/SJW mindset, where the perception of evil is kept just vague enough (and with many sources) that it can't really be falsified.. there will always be Nazis under the bed - guaranteed.

** One of my few concessions to Americanisms, over here we use one less 'o'.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:56 pm

The System gave the malcontents a sop in Trump.

It's a simple play by the system - intentioned, but always fluid -
you're fed up with the system, eh?
ok - here's an alternative - he's a bit of a joke, he's still part of the system, but we'll make it look kind of as though he isn't, by pandering to a few conspiracy-minded topics - he hasn't got a chance, really - but it'll let us gauge just how many of you are actually pissed off enough to vote for any kind of change - fuck, he won! There may be trouble ahead.
but oh, he can't deliver any meaningful change because he's serving the system anyway - and you are realising you've been fooled
so - we'll make him look bad, very bad, worse than you could have imagined - we'll ridicule and debase him
make him the reason it's falling apart - and your fault too, you voted for him
nevermind the fact that our system is so rotten it's making many people mentally and physically ill
but ours is the only system that works and we're the smartest people in the room, we have the divine right to lead the herd
because you a herd, a herd of cattle with no direction without us
and soon, we shall offer you a bright, shining beacon that will seem to too good to be true - and it will be.

jakell

Post by jakell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 pm

C_D wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:56 pm
The System gave the malcontents a sop in Trump.

It's a simple play by the system - intentioned, but always fluid -
you're fed up with the system, eh?
ok - here's an alternative - he's a bit of a joke, he's still part of the system, but we'll make it look kind of as though he isn't, by pandering to a few conspiracy-minded topics - he hasn't got a chance, really - but it'll let us gauge just how many of you are actually pissed off enough to vote for any kind of change - fuck, he won! There may be trouble ahead.
but oh, he can't deliver any meaningful change because he's serving the system anyway - and you are realising you've been fooled
so - we'll make him look bad, very bad, worse than you could have imagined - we'll ridicule and debase him
make him the reason it's falling apart - and your fault too, you voted for him
nevermind the fact that our system is so rotten it's making many people mentally and physically ill
but ours is the only system that works and we're the smartest people in the room, we have the divine right to lead the herd
because you a herd, a herd of cattle with no direction without us
and soon, we shall offer you a bright, shining beacon that will seem to too good to be true - and it will be.
I try to give equal credence to the possibility that some things are not a product of 'the system', that they can happen organically and are not a product of 'control'. Another version is to credit anything and everything to the 'Deep State' and I'm starting to roll my eyes every time I hear that.

That's still a whopping 50% allotted to traditional conspiracy tropes, which isn't a bad slice, but allowing that some things may 'just happen' does free my mind somewhat from the old 'puppet-master' archetype that seems to me a little too tempting.