Board Rules

C_D
Site Admin

Board Rules

Post by C_D » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:31 pm

You may have noticed (or not) that in the top bar, just under the header bar, there is a new link for Rules, alongside Quick links and FAQ. Incidentally, the quicklink link, when clicked, allows 'active topics' to be displayed, should you be wondering how to access that feature.
We need Rules, whether we like it or not. I'm not a great fan of rules per se, but we need some to stop us going mental.
The only rule I would like to see, apart from the obvious ones - i.e. no discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation or race, etc - is that this is a non-fascist site. This is to ensure we do not become another RI, where literal interpretation of 'anti-fascist' has led to GD being dominated by a single message.

Any other ideas for rules much appreciated.

deep state

Re: Board Rules

Post by deep state » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I was just thinking about forum guidelines and yes, interested in contributing for sure

i think we've all learned a lot from what went down at The Other Place

I am not sure we need to identify as "non-fascist" - why mention the F word at all? It only invokes panic and confusion. Maybe let actions speak louder than words and have some clear non-fa guidelines regarding accepted behavior: ie no personal/ad hominen attacks, and no criticisms based solely on race, creed, mental health, intelligence, religion or ideology? Things of that sort.

Also maybe something about how counter-arguments whenever possible should be made specifically in response to quoted passages, to avoid 'straw man' argumentation and escalation. Things like that can help to minimize misunderstanding/trolling.

Regarding sharing of "difficult" material from "dodgy" sites (that may be seen as "hate" sites by some), that's obviously a tricky thing to regulate.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Agree with all the above.
Please create The Rules as you see fit.

deep state

Post by deep state » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 pm

here's a starting draft. Input and additions welcome.

Purpose of this site, roughly stated, is shared investigation and exploration of hidden and anomalous aspects of human experience. The focus is generally on “controversial” subjects such as parapolitics, organized child abuse, the “paranormal,” UFOs, occultism, conspiracy theory, and social, cultural & religious engineering in its many forms.

The spirit of the board is cooperative and not competitive, to share information and perspectives and work together towards a deeper understanding of the subjects being discussed. The board has no ideological affiliations and overtly ideology-based arguments are discouraged (i.e., partisan or anti-partisan posts).

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, a certain style of posting not only puts others off from participating, but also sets the tone for those who do. With this in mind, certain behaviors are also strongly discouraged:
  • Personal attacks and criticisms based solely on sex, race, creed, mental health, intelligence, religion or ideology; ad hominen arguments in general.
    • Care-trolling.
    • “Spam-posting” (copy-pasting articles without providing context and personal input).
Extreme or repeat form of these behaviors may result in suspension or deactivation of a user's account.

Some guidelines and suggestions:

When making counter-arguments use the quote function rather than paraphrasing; this helps to avoid 'straw man' argumentation and the resulting escalation/polarization.

Regarding sharing of "difficult" material from "dodgy" sites (that may be seen as propaganda, "fake news," or "hate" sites by some), this is obviously a tricky thing to regulate. Sometimes relevant material is found via sources that may be less than trustworthy (eg, Jew World Order, Rense.com, or the Washington Post!). A word to acknowledge this can help to prevent “source-scorning.”

This board categorically acknowledges the historical facts pertaining to high-level organized child abuse (Franklin Scandal, Dutroux affair, UK care-homes), government mind control (MKULTRA etc), and ritual abuse that is linked to occult systems and philosophies. As such, it will not tolerate derision, dismissal or unfounded debunking of these facts (eg. by advocating “False Memory Syndrome” or the “Satanic panic”/Witch-Hunt narratives).

This is not to shut down or limit discussion around these subjects, but to provide a relatively safe, compassionate, and respectful space for the many survivors of these programs.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 am

^^ adopted as board rules, but if anyone has something to add - please be vocal