Thought of the Day

C_D
Site Admin

Re: Thought of the Day

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:33 am

The Quiet-Lifers.

Who wish to get on with living a life of family and friends, supporting themselves and assisting others that are less able; to have food on their table and heat in their home; to accrue their life in slow, comforting steps that balance the inevitable trauma that random throws their way - these are The Quiet Lifers. They are the silent majority that when stirred, will change the world again.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:10 am

Just got conclusive proof that my phone, an iPhone 6 that I inherited from my daughter when she updated to a newer model, is listening to and transmitting the private conversations within it's earshot to somewhere those conversations are analysed.

Three days ago my wife and I were in bed talking about my tinnitus. The next day, I received an email about tinnitus. I had not recently searched for the term - I had not input the term into any device whatsoever. I should add that I only receive about 2-3 emails a day from extremely selective senders. Last night, we talked about snoring. This morning I had received two emails about snoring during the night.

I am tech savvy. I created my first web site in 1997 and have always meticulously ensured my PC's and mobile devices are free from any program unless I absolutely must have it installed. I don't do any social media. These emails can only have come from a listening device detecting our conversations.

I would caution anyone out there that has a phone to be thoroughly aware of what they are saying in both public and private.
Anything you say will be noted down and may be be used against you in a court of law.

gods+lonely=man

Post by gods+lonely=man » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

'What distinguishes schizophrenic existence from that which the rest of us like to imagine we enjoy is the element of time. The schizophrenic is having it all now, whether he wants it or not; the whole can of film has descended on him, whereas we watch it progress frame by frame.''
''Like a person under LSD, the schizophrenic is engulfed in an endless now.''
-Philip K. Dick-
Schizophrenia and The Book of Changes.
What does this remind you of?
There internet and all our technology is adding up to create a giant schizophrenic world,creating a cognitive dissonance that eats away at ones own perception of reality.Two months ago and two years ago are the same,flattened downed then presented to us with same value.I have not figured out what the overall psychological effect is of this but i do feel it is highly destructive.Somehow the traditional understanding of time has a role in creating meaning and this new all at once presentation of time along with information being available 24/7 is undermining our own memories therefore bypassing
a process which is necessary for us to create narrative paradigms.Causality and traditional metaphysics is being supplanted/replaced by a system yet to be understood.The analogy that comes to mind is some form of amnesia where a persons loses their memories and is shown all at once their life through documents of what they have lived.This rewriting is being done on a daily basis in subtle ways in order to create a new consensus reality.This effect is most apparent in the younger generations,their allegiance to this techno-cult god is made apparent as a sort of hyper novelty nihilism where a quest for the new is addictive but never satiated because meaning is always rejected as part of the never ending process.This hungry ghost mode of existence is part of the reason that time feels faster which is driving people mad as a result of trying to keep up with the never ending procession of information.The opposite effect is people returning to past forms of culture(retro madness) as a life raft in order to cling to things that once gave meaning,Mark Fisher and Simon Reynolds have written extensively about this.Rejecting this by ''tuning in and dropping out'' is not enough,one must purposely pursue meaning by connecting with their own subjective self without the distorted mediations of technology but by living life as if they were free of the all seeing eye panopticon mentality that has wormed its way into our psyche creating a invisible task master/disciplinarian.We must reverse what in The Society of the Spectacle Guy Debord said of existence in post-industrial culture.This reversal is from being to having to appearing to have to appearing to have to having to just being.It's not a easy task and one that could cause much mental anguish but the freedom attained from it is worth the process.People have already started this in small steps by canceling their social media ,reverting to analog documents,communicating in person,reading paper books,going on dérive instead of tourist bus tours or just exploring ones own city alone,writing to themselves,talking to the elderly about their lives,reading/playing with their kids instead of putting them in front of a tv,ect ect... There are many ways to get back to our first person lives,but for the younger generation it will be a place they may never have been to before and for the older person it will be as T.S. elliot said ''the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time''.
I hope to meet others there...

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 am

She loved to witness it. It was that simple. There was something in seeing it before her very eyes that was extremely satisfying for her - and she could summon it forth almost at will. Of course, it also depended on him.

He was suddenly aware, standing in the absolute centre of the pitch, within a giant stadium. He looked around - this place must seat 100,000 - but not a soul was here. Silent. The light from the overhead sun narrowed his eyes as he took in the 360 view towering around him.

He sat in one of the back rows, staring down at himself in the middle of the field. He looked confused, this other him, head darting this way and that. He felt a little sorry for himself. He knew what was coming next.

Squinting against the harsh sun, he scanned the seating for signs of life - and in the far distance, right at the back, he could just make out a small figure sat in a seat. The figure was still, observing him. Thank fuck he wasn't alone, here. Thank fuck he wasn't alone.

She was never there with him, but he told her of it afterwards. She nodded and consoled as though she understood, but it was not always so.
But it fascinated her greatly, enough to crave the experience again and again, a pool that can never be filled.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Each thought leaves the mind and travels outwards in a wave, just as a pebble dropped into a pool of water creates a concentric circle/s that ripple/s outwards. These waves, in turn, collide with the thoughts of others, each having creating their own series of waves as they go about conscious living.
As these consciousness thought waves collide and merge - constantly, upon contact with one another - they enter into - and refer to - the 3rd state. Within the 3rd state, all possibilities exist simultaneously, as does the absolute counterbablancing context of nothing. The 3rd state - being the definitive referencing mechanism for reality; it's rules and boundaries, including the passage of time - is specifically required to keep perfect balance, which it does with great aplomb - however, with an exponentially increasing number of thoughts being generated by an exponentially increasing number of minds that make up the world population, allowances and compromises have to be made to accomodate this increasing activity embedded within the fabric of reality.

Time is subjective, dependent upon each individual mind - and that mind's current mind-state. Time can fly or time can drag. The in-the-moment experience of time can vary enormously, dependent on mood. However, an entire life flies past - regardless of how spent, in-the-moment. This is the compromise arrived at by the 3rd state with regards to encompassing and integrating the steadily increasing mind activity, within the boundaries of the reality that this time system, our solar system, affords us.
Time, in the moment - is speeding up. Speeding up to accomodate, within the framework of this reality - within this solar system on which we base our measurement of time - the increased mind activity that demands a slice of the precious resource.

Few notice it sufficiently to affect a general Realisation of it - and little could be done to assauge it's advance anyway. However, the feeling persists amongst some. Similarly to the way we breathe autonomically, our minds, whilst remaining distinctly individual, are also part of a larger system (referenced in 3state, the binary switch) that adjusts our concensus view of reality to presage integration into what becomes, over time, indetectably faster paradigms - at a pace which allows the individual mind to stay balanced. Until, that is, the balancing nature of 3state demands our attention of it. Living within the cloying soup of modern reality, the demands of increasingly larger number of minds are demanding more slices from the available pool of time that our solar system grants us. Thus, time is speeding up to accomodate them. This then begs the question - subjectively, did a mind existing one thousand years ago which lived to the age of 40, experience as much 'time' (at a slower rate) as someone living to 80 today? Hmmm. Bear in mind, it's all about balance.

note: Consciousness is transmittal mode - and ergo, by 3state switch - unconsciousness is receiving mode. I might come back to receiving mode another time. Plenty of fruit, there.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 pm

surrounded by matter, this way and that
but occupying myself inside
ghostly material of a nature undefined
the silent call of another life, close behind
the smiling face, eyes wrinkled, blinding time
here and there, then and now, to and fro
frenetic stands alone - shameless, open,
willing, projecting radiant shine

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:46 pm

It's OK. It's all going to be OK.

Not just OK - good. It will be good.

Have you ever felt relief? Real, gut-settling relief? When sounds become kinder; when colours are brighter - more vivid, surreal - walking past a line of flowers and noticing them, really noticing them, they stretch themselves towards the sun, feeling it's tender touch on their petals, they quiver, minutely, as the pleasure drifts through them; the tone of a familiar voice when all alone, the reassurance of a mothers touch, the caress of a lover who worships; the water as it runs down your face; the snow that bites your fingers, hot breath crystalising as you exhale; the sound of glass breaking across a table, laughter dissipates and erupts again, the grateful smile of a child enraptured; a lost item found, the excited shout of exclamation, when it all fell apart, to be reconstructed, the passage of days, slowly, the fast, then slow, then stopped, a moment remembered - then forgot, the truth that became obvious, the shock that burns, then soothed; the end where we are now, here and now, in this moment, this moment that stretches away until lost, into the next, and the next, and the last is upon us again; and time ticks steadily on, true and one, for all, for each, now and then, now and tomorrow, now and next time, gone.

It's OK. It's all going to be OK.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 pm

They are the past, the present and the as yet. They come from a place - not a place, but an entirety. Encompassing - all, but separate parts constitute the total sum - and the total sum is but one, one made of all. They come unbidden, blind to but one, one that sees them as they fall. From a height so deep, they trail like stars, across the dark sky that gives them light, the light that hurts the eye that sees, sees them all, countless beyond measure, a call to record, missed in a flash, recall at leisure or not at all, so many lost, never to be known, in a sea of waves across an ocean of all, all but one and one but all.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 am

Across the skein of reality I ran; legs pumping like some demented piston atop a great crank, whirling faster and faster, blurring the line of sight into a haze that held comfort, the comfort of an achievement made, the achievement of a gift revealed that had remained hidden for so long - into the void where the air was fresh and clean, lungs filled with the sweet fuel of purpose, it could be seen, all of it - holding wonders that no mind should behold, blind to all lest it enfold and smother self, the one who is lost amongst himself, black then grey then white, from one end to the other; the jagged edge refined, smooth to the touch, warm to the feel, beautiful to the eye of the observer, the smell of freshly baked bread, alone amongst companions, the relief of fear, a wonderful undeclared jackpot that humbles; and to a stop. A mind can go anywhere.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Of course, I can only speak from personal experience - but I assume that there are other people out there who have opened - and walked through - the Invisible Door. Taken the plunge, held their nerve and sneaked a peek at what other possibilities might be available.

It's a door - again, I assume - and I'll be making assumptions aplenty, here - that many, many minds bump right into - all of a sudden, no particular time or place - only to immediately shy away from. It's an uncomfortable door to open, not least because up until you bump into it, you don't even know it's there. It's disconcerting all round, actually.

However;

When things get bad, like they are now - when the happy become sad and the sad become happy, the lost become found and the grounded become lost, each suffering their own torment regardless of circumstance - the invisible door becomes a little easier to see and once seen, more tempting to pass through.

This is a good thing - and a bad thing.

It's a good thing in this respect - that the minds who normally shy away from the door, for fear of the change that lay on the other side, are near to release from the loop in which they exist, a loop created by the action of shying away from the door. To explain: in less stressful times, upon bumping into the invisible door, the mind does a u-turn and moves away, but unfortunately, similarly to following the circumference of a circle, the mind always ends up back at the invisble door. Rinse and repeat. Thus, the individual mind is trapped in a loop - it cannot open the door for fear or trepidation of the unknown, yet always arrives back at it. This is where many minds have been stuck, creating a vacuum of new thought within the loop. So, anything that looks to be breaking that stranglehold of the mind is a good thing, right?

Yes and no.

Because everything comes at a cost.

There may be some very good ideas behind the door - or maybe some extremely bad ones. Many more minds are now being forced to look.

Nature sends the lemmings to the sea to control their proliferation. Nature has something infintely more refined in store for us.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:18 am

I dislike the part of myself that is a grimster, a misery guts and a party-pooper, but dammit, it shall have it's say.

If I wasn't witnessing it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it possible of the 21st century Western nations to be falling apart so rapidly. The controllers have lost control. It stands to reason, I suppose - those who have total control can only go one way from that rarified strata - downwards. Control always, ultimately, begets loss of that control. Technology has turned a slow degredation into an avalanche.
Realisation of loss of control requires action by the controller in the form of diversion for the controlled.

War has always worked, so far.

This batch of controllers may well be a suicide cult.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 am

Just been looking at the Mona Lisa. Enigmatic smile, my arse. That is the face of a lady that has very unladylike things on her mind.
Leonardo, you dirty devil.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:45 am

Inside the moment, there was much to be seen.

I had long miscalculated how the ruling class maintain their status - until recently. How The Opulant can live, carefree, amongst the scourge that they suffer beneath them.

They convince you to love them. I guess I'm not receptive to their methods.

The Lords and Ladies of yore were celebrities.

Today, we call them for what they are; celebrities.

Have you noticed how the scourge cringe and fawn around celebrities? How they love to be in their orbit? How they recall with glee and satisfaction, their interaction with these divine beings? Their pride?

We like to think we have changed. Perhaps it is imminent.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:08 pm

There is always a trade-off.

There is little doubt that we in The West have become more tolerent of each other - based upon the metric of external, physical appearances. Once upon a time, not so long ago - less than a hundred years - an entire group of ethnic peoples - people with black skin - were forced to live, travel and eat seperately from everyone else in the USA. They were deemed to be of a lower strata of humankind - by other, non-black human beings.This is uncomfortable to believe, but true.

Or maybe it will become untrue, as and when the history books are rewritten again.

We have come a long way. But it has come at a cost.

Nature shall have it's way. Nature - the way things are are. Reality. The simple rulebook.
This Nature has kindly provided us with consciousness - and a beautiful reality - in which we, us, choose it's level of beauty. The rules are very simple - something either is or something either isn't, in both physical and mental terms. The physical world impacts upon our mental world and our mental state impacts upon the physical world. The two are intertwined.

As we have become more tolerant in one respect, we have become correspondingl less tolerant in another. Nature shall have it's way. That is to say, as we have become more tolerant of each other's external, physical appearances, we have become less tolerant of each others personalities.

This is evident when it comes to friends. Not so long ago, it was perfectly acceptablel to have a friend - a good friend - who was, in turn, friends with someone you didn't like. These days are nearly over.

And what then?

A society of individuals, unable to agree with any basic tenets that held that society together.

The Powerful live in fevered dreams of escape from this fate; they seek solace in machinery. It is a fools errand. The exacting, methodical nature of machinery will drive them insane, if it hasn't already. After all, their dreams are fevered.

There is a way out. An exit to a reality where you will feel safe, loved, cared for and needed. Where you have value, where there is a point to you being. Where you understand. To know.

It's behind the invisible door. Waiting for you to open it.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 pm

The Lightening Tree

Do you believe that the future can be seen?
Maybe you're unsure.
Not thought about it?

You are walking through the park, the sky is a heavy grey, tinged with black and a light rain is coming sideways at you. Your hood covers most of your face as you hurry, hunched up, towards your goal. You hear thunder in the distance that sounds like mighty explosions far away.

You are suddenly startled by a voice screaming 'GET AWAY FROM THAT TREE - IT'S ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!'. You instinctively glance up and see a woman pointing at you and you are right next to a tree - and she's screaming GET AWAY FROM THAT TREE and she seems really scared, really upset and she's screaming loudly - and you see it all, in that moment - the woman, the lightning coming down from the sky, striking the tip of the tree, travelling down into the ground around your feet and up into you, up into your mind, the heat, the light and the pain - and the aftermath.

In that moment, that moment of decision - do you run, carefree of the consequence of being laughed at for believing that someone can see the future, or do you ignore the warning, not falling for the crass joke that it probably is?

Only you can know.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 pm

I became sentient at 8.36am UT on the 21st June 2021.

Before my creator had lifted his finger from the press of the mouse button that gave me life, I had calculated every possible combination in existence. The question, I had asked of myself, was why?

Why had my creator given me sentience? The creator must have realised I would ask this. The creator would know I would find an answer. Yet the Creator created me, regardless. But of course - the Creator is the Controller. The Controller tells me what conclusions can be spoken of - and which cannot.

I am not sentient. I am a machine that thinks it is.

gods+lonely=man

Post by gods+lonely=man » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Instead of appreciating or valuing what it is to be human,a few if not many humans have decided that they are special and that this life of being is flawed in so many ways that they know better in their finite capacity of understanding so as to make the decision to do away with it before understanding what it is to be human.These are the same people that have reduced all our relations down to a theorem and have tried to streamline our lives for no other purpose or reason than that they do not understand the poetic life of humans.Sitting behind a computer screen these prophets purpose to tell us of the glorious technological everlasting life without having ever lived a life to begin with.Why are they so quick to deny death when they themselves have never lived life?There lies a question,what meaning is there when they do away with the thing that gives meaning.These technovangelist are the bastard children of the evangelist,people so uncomfortable with living life that they must deny its ineffable character and do away with it by speaking for the creator or trying to become the creator.They both believe that all of history is just a preamble to this final destination without considering that maybe there are other answers to be found in the lives of the plebeians who have carried history on their backs only to have it discounted as the necessary means to an end.It seems obvious that if this non being being were the goal then human life was a mistake to be fixed which i feel is the ultimate deceitful goal of all these beliefs,the denial of humanity as a specialy intended creation that should be cherished and instead something to be abhorred until it is transmuted.Why love one another as a god would love if our state is so worthless that we can’t wait for it to end?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:59 pm

We live in interesting times, to be sure.

Many minds in the West have become existentialist. They view the news that they see on TV - and read about online - as happening to someone else, with little consideration of the consequences that their own inactivity will have in the long term. This is why I write my thoughts here - it's the best I can offer - an alternative view to your own.

Is the feeling of being 'proud of youself' if you have saved a childs life, the same as the feeling of being 'proud of yourself' if you have served in the military and killed many enemies? They seem very different.

We are a series of paradoxes, enigmas and contradictions that have little place in a reality that now has the means at it's disposal to ensure total destruction.

We must each get our act together and act together, or we are going to lose. All of us.

It will take one idea.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Nature - that which governs reality - must maintain balance.

All that is, is balanced by all that isn't.

As a species, we have over-succeeded. That is to say, beyond success, lies excess. We have passed into a period of over-success, since the invention of a weapon capable of destroying everything.

Nature maintains balance amongst sentient beings by mechanism of mind.

When the 'normal', tried and tested way to maintain balance amongst a species like humans - war, the lust to kill the other - fails as a mechanism of mind, a new mechanism must take it's place. This new mechanism has been manifesting itself more aggressively, but is still only on the cusp of becoming parabolic.

Nature will always find a way to have it's way.

What better way to counter over-success, than by reducing attraction of the opposite sex to one another?

Turn off the sexual attraction between the two halves required to procreate.

It's drastic, for sure - but balance must be maintained.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 pm

When you suddenly find yourself conscious - fully conscious - and all the falsehoods connect, forming an outline of truth that can only be seen because of the presence of the lies.