Thought of the Day

C_D
Site Admin

Re: Thought of the Day

Post by C_D » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm

An Increase in the Frequency

At some indeterminate point - dependent on individual sensitivity - it becomes palpable.

Like gentle but increasingly stronger waves of air rising from the ground beneath you, passing through you, they become difficult to ignore. Ignorance is bliss - up to a point. The longer they are pushed away, the less comfortable they become, the more difficult the transition. They are there, like it or not.

Imagining the acceleration of electricity.
There is a piece of wire between where you are - and the moon. You stand holding this end of the wire and in the time you take to pinch your fingers on the wire, you are at the other end of the wire on the moon. But it's much faster than that. You lack the senses to appreciate the fact that you have been to the moon and back many, many times.

The Instant.
Look at your hand. The front and back of it.

Is that your hand?

Flex it. See the moment of you and your hand.

It comes from far away, but close by
The answer is all in the stars
but too simple to be seen
one path leads to many
and round again, you'll see

Out among the pockets
matters of mind converse
baubles of beautiful colour and light
sparking questions of import
that mean very little at all

Each locked in a cage of gilded bars
themselves a being of one
choices of right and wrong
thinking definitions of
exactly who they are

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:31 pm

The Realisation continues apace - but how deep will it run?

There is much to shy away from. The people that you don't even know, but have spent a lifetime being entrained to worship - as honest and true - are not. It will shock many into a state of confusion and fear for what is yet to come. Where do we start - in putting things together - in a way that benefits all - and not just the few?

For every negative, there is a positive.

They are becoming more obvious every day. That we exist is proof positive that they are always thwarted, for if not, we would not be here to witness it.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:44 pm

They came to her as ideas. Thoughts that popped into her head as she went about her daily life. They came when they wished and always stayed. She ignored their presence for years, considering them to be normal, that everyone had them, that they were just a part of everyone's existence.

Until she knew them for what they really were.

When she knew them for the curse that they are. A gift that seemed incredible, yet unjustified and terrible. No one would listen, no one would take heed. They were as useless as they were true. They shed light into the darkened corners of what may be. To know the unknowable.
The curse of all ages which none wish to see.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 am

Got out of bed to write these. Some may consider that excessive. Including me.

The Total Vanity Project

When I write these, I wonder- whose voice do you read them with?.

Your own, of course. Because you don't know my voice. My way of speaking. The intonation and inflection, the humour and the seriousness, the earnest and the flippant.

Is that what modern fame is? Knowing how that person speaks? And the next step - putting a face to that voice?

I suggested - at RI - many moons ago, that we read one of our own posts into a sound file and post it to the site to really hear what - and how - each other are saying. To put that voice inside your head - an anonymous voice - to be accepted or rejected. Harvey liked the idea. Only Harvey.

I may do this at some point. Or I may not.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:05 am

Have you ever looked at a painting and wondered what noise it would make, were it able?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:40 am

I've been watching a lot of car crash compilations on youtube for the past year. This may sound like I'm mentally unstable, but let me explain why.

I used to drive like an arsehole. Watching those videos has completely altered my way of driving. I drive like an elderly gentleman, now. My wife no longer squirms in the passenger seat at every 'just squeezed through before it went red' traffic lights and no longer has to grip her armrest as I accelerate at maximum capacity towards our goal just because I like the feeling of speed.

Inevitably, the right-hand side, recommended-by-youtube videos - a selection of similar tastes - led me to watch some skateboarders falling off their boards and hurting themselves. Some of these are pretty funny, but all end in some variation of a bone-jarring, head-cracking or grimace-inducing injury, at which the cameraman is usually unsure whether to laugh - or console - the self-inflicted victim.

When I see someone fall over and bang their head, smash their face or skid along the ground, I get a certain feeling. It's an actual sensation. It begins in my stomach as a dull pain, tingling, full of energy - then depending how bad the injury seems to be - gets stronger and starts to spread down my legs. At this point, I look away and think of something else. It's not a nice feeling.

When I was a kid, I got the same feeling when I had done something wrong and knew I was in trouble. When I could hear the footsteps coming up the stairs.

I get the same feeling when faced with standing above any drop below me, of 30ft or more. I stood on the edge of a cliff once and the feeling became so intense that my legs buckled and I couldn't walk away.

I wonder if they are linked?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 am

A note about the rise and rise of 'overthinking' - tomorrow, probably.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 am

The only timeless art is beauty. That which is pleasing to the senses.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 am

There's an enormous amount of energy in there. And I mean, a serious amount of energy. Inconceivable amount. Enough to power a reality.

I prefer to use the term reality - as opposed to Universe - because we know so much more about reality than that which we term 'Universe'. Reality is what each of us knows, as opposed to someone elses' ideas that sound like they might be right, or just cool.

I refer above to the energy inherent within The Thing That No One Talks About. In there. In that state of mind. That place unlike any other. The place where everything beckons with open arms. Where there is no beginning or end. It just is.

Imagine if we could tap that.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 pm

As they move here and there, their fragile dance begins to look more and more like a pattern propelled by will, than by chance. I wonder, is there realisation, there? That every part has been written by chance, that the actor is following a path towards it's end-state? That within the possibilities - endless possibilities - that there is always a more likely, to the point of inevitablity?
That when reduced to the unimaginable, either is or isn't?

Our soup is getting thicker. The unseen fields in which we live are merging into dense, layered walls of restriction. The blind follies that have led the comforted herd no longer make sense and unravel, leaving wholes of nothing, gaps in a collective memory of an addiction to a drug that never was.

The die is cast and nothing but the stuff of legend remains to be called.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Living outside the boundary of The Past (within reason).

It's easier than it sounds. History is not only overated, but just plain wrong. Written by the most intolerant, for the most tolerant-deprived. At a certain age - ah, the advancement of years - experience, real and direct, demonstrates again and again the change of narrative in the moment.

Assuredly, an existence without history to cloud judgement is quite comfortable. Take a look around and analyse - without reference.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Any spinning sphere has maximum velocity at it's equator.

Increased speed generates heat through friction.

Now ask yourself why it's hotter at the equator than the poles on planet Earth.

Standing at the North or South Pole, you are travelling a c2.5 feet per hour. Standing at the Equator, you are travelling at c1000+ miles per hour.

Could it be that our atmosphere is rubbing up against something beyond it's boundary?

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:21 am

:lol:

This useless toy misses the mark of being something useful in so many ways, that I don't know where to begin.

I suppose the basics. Every machine that humankind has ever created to replace either human or animal labour has not resembled a human or the animal it intends to replace. Locomotives do not resemble horses. An engine does not resemble horses or oxen. A weaving loom does not resemble a human being. Machines, by design, are designed to be much more efficient at highly specific aspects of human or animal labour. It's that simple.

Pouring resources into building a machine that emulates a human being like the above is absolutely pointless from a practical point of view. Agreed, it's a nice little folly to keep some engineers in extremely well-paid work, but it's little more than that. Developed as a weapon - an army of these tottering, highly energy-intensive toys could be destroyed by one 500lb high explosive bomb - tech from a 100 years ago, dropped from an ageing bomber. To attempt to equip these with an attendant AI to outsmart us, is the definition of stupidity - and pointlessness. Someone will try it.

Addendum: actually, a bucket of water is pretty much all that is required to stop one these. :lol:

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 am

The Unbearable Reflection

When you look in the mirror, you are seeing your opposite looking back at you. A mirror image. But, the mirror reflects but one aspect - the physical.

They say vampires have no reflection - and of course they don't, because allegories are one step removed from physicality.

The vampire has no reflection because it does not see itself.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 am

It's impossible to take the established media seriously, any more.

But at the same time, it's depressing to watch.

This feeling of mirth at the ridiculousness of it all - combined with the doomish feeling that something is terribly wrong and that no-one is capable of correcting it - stirs up some mighty strange emotional cocktails in the mind.

On another topic - zoos - we need a lot more of them. These new zoos should be closed to the gaping public, their sole purpose to house endangered species, especially the ones dangerous to humankind, because they are most likely to be extinct the soonest.

When the last tiger dies, millions of hearts will break and we shall all know loss. This is looking more likely than not.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:27 am

Moving images have drastically changed the mind-set of those human beings that regularly receive exposure to them. The moving image has become so ubiquitous in the Western world, that exponential acceleration of change in exposed mind-states is occuring at such a rate that we can only see the effects of this exposure in the rear-view mirror. It began in earnest just after the second world war, when Hollywood and other nascent film studios had perfected the art of propogandised moving-image production to bolster war efforts. The creators of the moving-image began to understand the power inherent within - that history could be rewritten to fit a certain narrative. It has continued - and continues to do so - until today. And it has had unexpected bonuses and consequences, too - not only for the creators (those that get to choose what is produced and what is not produced), but also the mind-states of many moving-image consumers that can no longer make a distinction between reality and fiction.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 am

A modern faerytale.

You are born into a society that has a certain set of criteria that it considers the rules - a moral code - things that are acceptable and things that are not. You grow up accepting these rules as normality, because the majority of parents, friends and people of influence that surround you act in accordance with these rules. You are quite comfortable with these rules because everyone else is.

One day, in the here and now, you experience a nagging doubt that there are a few holes in the rules by which you have led your life. An experience that casts doubt on a single facet of these rules happens - and you reluctantly see something that you had always held as an immutable truth, as false. And as a consequence, that falsehood exposes the edges of many more falsehoods, which you decide to explore and think about.

At the end of this road, you come to a conclusion - that the old you, the you that grew up thinking 'normality' was normal - this old you was, in fact, living in a manufactured reality that is so far removed from every other potential reality that it seems incredible to the new you that anyone lives in that old reality at all.

This leads to the next stage of realisation - how is this old reality maintained so rigidly and effectively?

There are those that see
there are those that see when shown
and there are those that do not see.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:23 pm

There is a spreading groundswell of realisation growing, amongst not only the interested, but also the casually disinterested.

But the fundamentalists - those that believe all that the mainstream history books tell them - will remain convinced that they are right, that the truth they learned from others is the only truth and that it must be defended to the end. These fundamentalists will be easily persuaded by The Manipulators - through their domination of mainstream media - to attack and denounce the realisers, but it will be to no avail. It has never been, will not be and never will be.

And the cycle will continue, unless it all changes.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 pm

If you don't like what you see, it doesn't exist.

If nothing else, consider the opposite as a possibility.

Two wrongs makes things worse.

If in doubt, think again.

If climate change is real, why aren't we doing anything to reverse it's effects?

If there's a chance that climate change is corporate bullshit, can we afford to take that chance?

Even if climate change is corporate bullshit, something is happening

We should maybe tread more carefully.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 am

Nature is kind - and also benevolent. And cruel.

That Nature can hold three positions simultaneously is unsurprising.

Within these great, slowly-grinding wheels of reality, balance will be maintained.

This reality is a big place, with regards to scale. The balancing nature of seemingly unbalanced events is hidden in distant unseen parts of this reality. One may experience a balancing event and not recognise it as such - for it's counterbalancing event is happening elsewhere, in an apparantly unrelated incidence.

An unrelenting swing between change - and staying the same. A dichotemy, within an enigma, encased in paradox.

We must not talk of death, because death is the end of an unchartered journey to a place which may or may not be a reality. Regardless, at that point, as you exhale your last breath - and you will know when you are at that point - there is a question to be answered, stood before a jury of one. The inside you - the mind that translates inwards to outward - will judge itself. The mind which knows everything and can conceal nothing from itself. This is the God you seek to know.

It is within this state of mind that you enter into whatever comes next.