Say Hi - if you want to

C_D
Site Admin

Say Hi - if you want to

Post by C_D » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello good people - I am TAFKACD - the artist formally known as coffin_dodger - now known as C_D.

It was 9/11 that did it. Blissfully ignorant until that moment. When those towers went down, I was shocked from the slumber of normality (what the hell is that, anyway? ;) ) and entered the truly wonderful, scary, frustrating but ultimately satifying world of non-normality. It's led me on quite the merry dance during the intervening years, from one rabbit hole to the next, a veritable maze including laugh out loud bullshit, all the way across the spectrum to mind-blowing self-realisations.

Unable to pideonhole myself into a binary slot, deeply sceptical of the msm, disturbed by the rise of both left and right 'alts-' and questioning the scale of social control - just how deep does it go?

Still enjoying the ride.

deep state

Re: Say Hi - if you want to

Post by deep state » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 am

One thing I wondered was whether post-ers would use their old familiar usernames from OOH (Our Old Haunt) or start afresh and let people try and guess (or whatever). I chose to drop my old handle because I had never really meant to use it as long as I did and it had a very specific time-stamp on it.

I think everyone here so far knows who I used to be.

To follow C-D's example of introduction, I think it was birth that did - blissfully ignorant until that moment, but when that crack opened up I was shocked from the slumber of normality and I entered the truly wonderful, scary, frustrating, but ultimately satisfying world of liminality. Definitely no turning back so that only leaves forward, towards and over the threshold of whatever deep slumber state I entered into, after the first, all-disorienting shock-and-awe impact of reality.

batipsto

Post by batipsto » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I want to say hi, and thank yew for inviting me

LilyPat

Post by LilyPat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 pm

LilyPat here. I'm LilyPatToo at RI, where I seldom go these days, for a number of reasons. Sure do miss the way it used to be and I'm happy that we have an alternate place to talk about stuff. Thanx deep state.

deep state

Post by deep state » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 am

T-rrific. Be good to get your input on how to make this space as conducive to constructive community as possible.

deep state

Post by deep state » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:39 am

BTW, if anyone finds my avatar overly disturbing, let me know. I have a weird sense of humor, I know. Survivor-humor?

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:28 am

I chose a new name and will see if folks figure it out.

Can we upload photos without hotlinking? That would be a plus.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 am

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:28 am
I chose a new name and will see if folks figure it out.

Can we upload photos without hotlinking? That would be a plus.
Indeed, we can.
When posting a reply, look thus:

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg (177.14 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

Note: you can also drag and drop the attachment into your post

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Looks like to add a file you also have to add some text?
Attachments
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG (46.61 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
IMG_7603.JPG
IMG_7603.JPG (26.67 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 am

Number Six here. Be seeing you.
prisoner 4.jpg
prisoner 4.jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 am

Hello all, went by BrandonD on RI.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Hey Brandon, glad to see you're alive and well! :-)

gods+lonely=man

Post by gods+lonely=man » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 am

Hello all,gods+lonely=man here.I was not a user at RI but came to join via Auticulture.
As much as i am an avid conspiracy/alternative history researcher i am utterly burnt out on most of the well known forums regarding those topic.They have become overly political,binary,
doom laden,reductionist,paranoid,and down right childish.I have been looking for a forum that encompasses a fuller spectrum of inquisition using a larger set of tools to examine the reality we are living in.
I have been interested in the Situationist,R. Steiner,Christ consciousness,Jung,PKD,Tesla,Dostoevsky,Colin Wilson,T. Mckenna,Off-grid living/Minimalist Neo-Luddism,music(drone esp.)/art/film(long form esp.),Extra-consensual perception(J.Horsley),family psychological blueprints(A.Jodorowsky concepts),creativity as temporal salvation/catharsis,or as a way of escaping or transforming the negative effects of current environment/society,ways of affirming a positive life in light of a negative world,mind-body connection,the heart as the second brain(J.C.Pearce),uncovering and healing/transmuting trauma,hidden meaning in logos,dissecting language,polymathism/autodidactism,among many others.
Early childhood exposures to subversive/critical ideas in culture planted the seed of non dualistic thought/questioning of orthodoxy/reality.Good examples would be Full metal Jacket/Dr strangelove,Running man,They Live,Brazil,War of the Worlds(tv series),Wild palms,Repo Man,Red Dawn(viewed inverted),12 monkeys,Robo Cop,From beyond,Max Headroom,Radio Flyer(i cried nonstop at the ending)The day after,Mother night,punk rock(dead kennedys esp.)Slaughterhouse Five/Brave new world,intellectual discourse in (college campus) Episcopal church as a child,and going to a progressive magnet elementary school that is chartered on Arts Based Education(after that i moved from the city to the suburbs and my exoteric education went to shit,which is where autodidactism came into play).Also RPGs such as warhammer 40k,D&D,cyberpunk and to a lesser extent call of cthulhu.Almost all the above were from 7 to 15 and so were very formative of my world view.
I am here cause i am looking for a community of explorers who are interested in reality from an objective AND subjective viewpoint with the idea that knowledge losses its value if it is not shared.
I wrote the above introduction in the hope that others might explain a bit about themselves or how they arrived at their perspectives,but not to disclose anything that gives away their true personhood(for NSA prism,data mining,black iron prison,ect,reasons).
I also hope that the community grows so that my travels to the corrupted forums of old become less and possibly no longer necessary.

Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

gods+lonely=man wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 am
I wrote the above introduction in the hope that others might explain a bit about themselves or how they arrived at their perspectives,but not to disclose anything that gives away their true personhood(for NSA prism,data mining,black iron prison,ect,reasons).
I also hope that the community grows so that my travels to the corrupted forums of old become less and possibly no longer necessary.
A bit of history/biography: Jasun invited me here, I've followed his writings for a long time because he forges his own way, he hasn't followed the limited templates of thought with which we are presented as intellectuals, or seekers of truth, or whatever we might call ourselves.

It is difficult to find people who do not think in childish binary terms these days. If you look with a critical eye at A then you are B, and if you dare to criticize B then you are A. There is no other alternative.

And of course, all words are fighting words. So few people are removed enough from their culture to simply look at things impartially without rallying for one particular camp or another.

It is difficult for me to communicate honestly with most people these days, because I think too far outside the norm, even the "alt" norms. I'm sure most of us here share that same dilemma. If you are too far outside of the norm, then speaking honestly will basically make enemies of everyone.

I personally don't get offended by any subject because I don't tend to take my beliefs seriously. As Nietzsche said, "All things are subject to interpretation, and whatever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth."

I spin my wheels for the enjoyment of thinking about things and learning, with hope but ultimately without expectation that I'm ever going to reach a greater understanding of the big picture. I think the mind never will. But nevertheless, I sure like running on that hamster wheel!

The idea that there are subjects one is not allowed to seriously consider and discuss is much more offensive to me than any particular subject itself.

carpe verum

Post by carpe verum » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Hello everyone. I'm divideandconquer at RI. Jasun invited me to join so I jumped on it because without Jasun RI is not the same anymore.

Just as my username at RI conveys meaning contrary to my intent, so does the username I selected here. Seizing the Truth only to pervert and distort it seems to be a rather common strategy of those with the power to create illusions that pose as reality in our world today.

Having said that, I have seized upon one Truth--my Truth that I have no intention of pushing on others--which may not make me the most popular member here, and that is, I must confess, I am a Christian. If that poses any kind of problem, please let me know and I will leave because I'm not here to cause problems as some at RI have accused me.
Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect."

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 pm

carpe verum wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 pm
I must confess, I am a Christian. If that poses any kind of problem, please let me know and I will leave because I'm not here to cause problems as some at RI have accused me.
Not a prob, afaiac - each to their own. Can't say I even noticed you were a Christian, over at RI. Welcome.

deep state

Post by deep state » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 pm

C_D wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 pm
carpe verum wrote:
I must confess, I am a Christian. If that poses any kind of problem, please let me know and I will leave because I'm not here to cause problems as some at RI have accused me.
Not a prob, afaiac - each to their own. Can't say I even noticed you were a Christian, over at RI. Welcome.
:lol:

I definitely noticed. ;)

Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm

carpe verum wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm divideandconquer at RI. Jasun invited me to join so I jumped on it because without Jasun RI is not the same anymore.

Just as my username at RI conveys meaning contrary to my intent, so does the username I selected here. Seizing the Truth only to pervert and distort it seems to be a rather common strategy of those with the power to create illusions that pose as reality in our world today.

Having said that, I have seized upon one Truth--my Truth that I have no intention of pushing on others--which may not make me the most popular member here, and that is, I must confess, I am a Christian. If that poses any kind of problem, please let me know and I will leave because I'm not here to cause problems as some at RI have accused me.
That is fine w me. I am not a christian, though I do believe in a supreme being (of sorts).

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 am

Indrid Cold wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm
I do believe in a supreme being (of sorts).
If you have the time or inclination, I'd be interested to know a bit about this supreme being (of sorts). Can you put it into words?

Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:27 pm

C_D wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 am
Indrid Cold wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm
I do believe in a supreme being (of sorts).
If you have the time or inclination, I'd be interested to know a bit about this supreme being (of sorts). Can you put it into words?
Hm, I don't know if I've ever really elucidated it on paper before.

Firstly as I mentioned before, for a lot of subjects such as this one I don't take my own opinions super seriously. If we die and just disappear then Richard Dawkins and I are both ok with that. However, according to my personal experience I don't think that's what happens.

It is honestly too big for me to put into words without a more specific starting point, if that makes sense. These few sentences are a result of me trying and failing multiple times. But I wouldn't mind opening up a separate thread where we could all talk more about this particular subject. I am always interested in the point of view of people who have unconventional experiences/impressions of the greater reality.