Say Hi - if you want to

gods+lonely=man

Re: Say Hi - if you want to

Post by gods+lonely=man » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:03 pm

gods, I have literally just downloaded it to my kindle and will begin reading in 5 mins! Start a book club thread...
I just started reading it,so i'll post a book club thread this weekend.I've never been in a book club so i am going to research some ideas on how to loosely structure it.
If it takes off then maybe we can take a number of suggestions on the next of future books to read.
I like it though cause i am such a procrastinator that forced discipline benefits me.
The only problem i am having so far is that the movie version of Dune is so burned into my mind that i am having a hard time reimagining it...

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:24 am

Has anyone read the book?

I did but I realized after I chose my name that I never quite got to the end.
I will have to go back and read the last pages.
I hate it when stories are left unfinished.

I am enjoying stopping in and reading the forum.
The thread about "The Other Place" is interesting, too. It makes me laugh and want to join in but not yet.
someday.

I'll have more to contribute when time and energy permit. Right now I'm getting into the habit of checking in late at night and as will probably be evidenced in this short little message my thought process slows down and my typing becomes unreliable.

bonsoir

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 am

I know I sound like a bit of a flashy bastard, but I've read all 6 since we talked about it. I'll start a thread tomorrow. Thanks Bene, I would have missed a masterworks about power and how it ultimately corrupts, if you hadn't joined and alerted me to Dune.

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:59 am

deep state wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:39 am
BTW, if anyone finds my avatar overly disturbing, let me know. I have a weird sense of humor, I know. Survivor-humor?
No doubt its disturbing but don't change it. It is morbidly fascinating. One of those things you have to stare at no matter how much it freaks you out, sort of like a bus wreck. *nodoh*

I was RI since the early 2000's. Found Ri like a lot of other people, "The Coincidence Theory Guide To 911" or whatever it was called exactly. Glad some other refugees found this place too. Its comforting, especially without the commies...ya know.... *ninja/*
exodus refugee

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:15 am

gods+lonely=man

Said you were interested in Rudolph Steiner. He has a cool little book named "The Secret Life Of Bees" that I read. You might like it. I have a bunch of his books I bought on a binge. Have not read them all. Steiner knows his stuff but I wish he would just come out and say it like it is. He sort of speaks in couched language and it takes reading between the lines. I still struggle to get the full meaning from his words.
exodus refugee

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:21 am

carpe verum wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 pm
Hello everyone. I'm divideandconquer at RI. Jasun invited me to join so I jumped on it because without Jasun RI is not the same anymore.

Just as my username at RI conveys meaning contrary to my intent, so does the username I selected here. Seizing the Truth only to pervert and distort it seems to be a rather common strategy of those with the power to create illusions that pose as reality in our world today.

Having said that, I have seized upon one Truth--my Truth that I have no intention of pushing on others--which may not make me the most popular member here, and that is, I must confess, I am a Christian. If that poses any kind of problem, please let me know and I will leave because I'm not here to cause problems as some at RI have accused me.
I wondered what became of you home slice....good to see you. ;kule*
exodus refugee

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 am

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 am
Greetings sewneo. Your name reminds me of Eyeno. I sincerely hope you are not that person from RI! *bug-eye*

;kule*
That would be me. I am the dreaded eyeno ;kule*
exodus refugee

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 am

Glad to see you here Jakell - I once pm'd a fellow poster at RI that I found you odd... and mayhap I still do (the juries out, mate ;) ), but that blistering return of yours at the end of my time at RI was rather impressive. Ballsy.
Agreed. He held his own though. What happened to AD I wonder? I have not looked at RI in a few weeks but last time I looked it appeared as if he had vanished.
exodus refugee

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am

You do not seem to be eyeno.

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:07 pm

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am
Why? I swear its true. I remember very well jakell going to to toe with AD.

I was "vigilant" before that. The luciferians at the other place hated vigilant worse than eyeno. vigilant was when I was a lot newer to this whole scene and I had caught on to the banking aspect and talked about it a lot. That drove em crazy.

I checked the old haunt yesterday. AD is still there plugging away. I guess his absence was temporary.
exodus refugee

gods+lonely=man

Post by gods+lonely=man » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 am

I did but I realized after I chose my name that I never quite got to the end.
I do that way to much,worse case example being that of not getting the results of the trial in The Brothers Karamazov.
Also in nonfiction i have a bad tendency to skip around reading parts but not the linear whole.
Too many interest and too little time coupled with ADD(or whatever it is) makes completing books difficult.

know I sound like a bit of a flashy bastard, but I've read all 6 since we talked about it. I'll start a thread tomorrow
Wow i wish i had that level of commitment to reading and finishing books on a regular basis.I intended to get through Dune recently but due to a very
stressful situation of having to tell a roommate to move out,i got distracted.
I love seeing those quotes as well as description and think that if there is a book club thread i think it would be a cool component to post quotes that resonated the readers.

He has a cool little book named "The Secret Life Of Bees" that I read.
Oh cool, i have not seen that one and it sounds very interesting.Thanks!

Thinking about books that i have finished,has anyone read Blood Meridian?
I finished it a couple of years ago but because of its prose poetry like nature and dark philosophical musings,i think its very much a candidate for books that can/should be re read.

BeneGesserit

Post by BeneGesserit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm

all 6! wow.
I have but read (most of) the one.

actually I must confess.. I listened to it rather than read and having a visual memory I bet I won't be able to participate .. I've already forgotten most character names!

BigEyeTenor

Post by BigEyeTenor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:39 pm

greycircle wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:07 pm
BigEyeTenor wrote:
Why? I swear its true. I remember very well jakell going to to toe with AD.

I was "vigilant" before that. The luciferians at the other place hated vigilant worse than eyeno. vigilant was when I was a lot newer to this whole scene and I had caught on to the banking aspect and talked about it a lot. That drove em crazy.

I checked the old haunt yesterday. AD is still there plugging away. I guess his absence was temporary.

Tell us how you feel about the symbol known as the swastika. If you're eyeno.

jakell

Post by jakell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Maybe you folks had become inured to it, but that place was pretty tense a lot of the time and it would have shaped your posting style. I certainly got tense whenever the dinosaur was hovering around having noticed his penchant for capricious timeouts (usually aimed at easy targets).
So, maybe we are all a bit more relaxed here and seem 'different'.

These new usernames are confusing for me.. doubly so now that you have introduced an element of doubt.

greycircle

Post by greycircle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Tell us how you feel about the symbol known as the swastika. If you're eyeno.

I posted some research at RI one time that I found if I remember correctly. Don't remember the guy's name that did the research but he had pictures that were thousands of years old of Swastikas on houses and buildings from all over the world and affiliated with all types of different religions.

From what I understand the Swastika was a symbol of the Sun traveling across the sky, the changing of the seasons, and the processes of nature and life in general.

It is my understanding that the Swastika didn't become an ugly symbol until it was co-opted for use in World War II. Matter of fact it can be found on really old household products if one looks hard enough for the pictures.

Maybe you folks had become inured to it, but that place was pretty tense a lot of the time and it would have shaped your posting style. I certainly got tense whenever the dinosaur was hovering around having noticed his penchant for capricious timeouts (usually aimed at easy targets).

So, maybe we are all a bit more relaxed here and seem 'different'.

That was my first thought when BigEyeTenor wondered if I was really eyeno. It was impossible to really speak your mind at RI because the potted plants were constantly waiting on somebody to try it. The oppression over there affected people's ability to speak without question.
exodus refugee

jakell

Post by jakell » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:04 am

Sounder seems to be the designated forum Nazi ATM, no matter what he says (or leaves out). It seems the position exists regardless of history and suitability, and if someone starts to 'talk funny' then they are shoehorned into it, and pretty quickly too.

Pauli137

Post by Pauli137 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:53 am

jakell wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:04 am
Sounder seems to be the designated forum Nazi ATM, no matter what he says (or leaves out). It seems the position exists regardless of history and suitability, and if someone starts to 'talk funny' then they are shoehorned into it, and pretty quickly too.
Sounder is now the persona non grata!? I find that comical. It just serves to illustrate how distorted that place is.