Britain

Post by dusty » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 pm

telford case... no one cares
tell a joke... go to jail

C_D
Site Admin

Re: Britain

Post by C_D » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:54 pm

We are strangers in a foreign land that we used to call home.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44760875

Oh shit, these lunatics are determined to take us to war, regardless of how ridiculous the story sounds - to even the most casual observer.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

We need to find a few basic concepts on which everyone can agree.

What are they - and what can they be distilled down to - that will appeal to a very large majority of people?

Fortunately - and simultaneously unfortunately - we are not yet at a point of crisis so frightening that a vast majority of people are willing to entertain loss of trinkets or status in their lives, as a compromise towards balance. By loss, I mean - giving up things are not especially important in the grand scheme of things, when faced with either having them - or the alternative of say, death - either for themselves or their family. It's not surprising how quickly someone will relinquish the keys to a Lamborghini in the face of a loaded gun pointed at their head. But we aren't there yet (and maybe we do need to get there before anything paradigm changing can happen). Material ownership of whatever one desires in a finite environment has yet to be understood as slightly ridiculous by a mindset that thinks it can have it all by accruing bits of paper with numbers on them. It's quite funny, really.

So what would we want? What seems reasonable?

Would it be fair to say that we would like to feel safe in our daily lives? The easiest way to achieve this status is to have no enemies.

How about, to be comfortable? Expectation of comfort level varies enormously. How about a basic level on which we can all agree?
To have a home we call our own, size dependant on occupants living there?

I could continue with this, but really, I can see as I write this, that it's pointless. Concepts of problem solving appear crass and woefully naive when faced with the over-complexities of where we have ended up now. I'm too lazy to even try. Maybe when things get really bad.

C_D
Site Admin

Post by C_D » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Tommy Robinson bailed after Court of Appeal win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45029755
Another State Spook free to roam and preach amongst us.