That "other" forum ....

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm

I have to say, slad has done a fantastic chronical (through C&P of any and everything) of the US/UK deep state's frenzied activities to dethrone Trump. It's odd that slad's wishes now align with the deep state. Manically. Stange bedfellows.

User avatar
Tapisseri
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Tapisseri » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:10 pm

C_D wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm
I have to say, slad has done a fantastic chronical (through C&P of any and everything) of the US/UK deep state's frenzied activities to dethrone Trump. It's odd that slad's wishes now align with the deep state. Manically. Stange bedfellows.
True. (If only the chronicle could be consolidated in one single thread instead of proliferating like kudzu in all.)

User avatar
Indrid Cold
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Indrid Cold » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:13 pm

I think it's odd when intelligent people fail to see that a small handful of aggressive, belligerent participants is all you really need to effectively destroy a robust multi-faceted discussion about any controversial topic. The image that comes to mind is one of those old greek paintings where the philosophers are having lofty discussions. Then some brash loudmouths walk into the painting, and little by little the entire crowd discreetly exits the room.

On the other hand, maybe the moderators ARE aware of this effect, and it is in some way intentional. Is it the position of any of you here that some of the RI participants are intentional agent provocateurs/gatekeepers of some sort?

BigEyeTenor
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 am

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by BigEyeTenor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm

I always felt Barracuda might be. But that's just my rigorous intuition tingling. No evidence.

batipsto
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by batipsto » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 am

Personally I feel that at its best the discussion was good enough there that everyone was acting as an "agent" to sustain it. Of course there were also "agents" trying to disrupt it.

I'm not exactly proud of my own posts there. I do get the sense that "true believers" of a very different persuasion to one's own can come across as "agents", as deliberate disruptors.

User avatar
Indrid Cold
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Indrid Cold » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:08 am

batipsto wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 am
Personally I feel that at its best the discussion was good enough there that everyone was acting as an "agent" to sustain it. Of course there were also "agents" trying to disrupt it.

I'm not exactly proud of my own posts there. I do get the sense that "true believers" of a very different persuasion to one's own can come across as "agents", as deliberate disruptors.
Yes I agree, it's hard to tell from the behavior of the people themselves. Some people are just emotionally volatile.

For me, it was often the uneven response of the moderators that made things seem strange.

It felt odd that some participants seemed free to act with rudeness and open hostility with very little repercussions, and others would get slapped down for what seemed like minor indiscretions. It gave the impression that there was an overarching ideology behind the forum, and those in line with that ideology had much more freedom to be a$$holes.

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am

It was good while it lasted. The last 6 months have affected a lot of American minds deeply and troublyingly. A manic state has been induced in many and the media has continuously - and continues to - stoke the fire. The 'Russia done it' thing makes me despair.

batipsto
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by batipsto » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:00 am

Note the unfurling pizza-related developments, over there...

User avatar
Indrid Cold
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Indrid Cold » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 am

C_D wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am
It was good while it lasted. The last 6 months have affected a lot of American minds deeply and troublyingly. A manic state has been induced in many and the media has continuously - and continues to - stoke the fire. The 'Russia done it' thing makes me despair.
Yes I picture the last several months as something like the sealing of a gate, or spell. 9/11 was the process that caused the initial derailment in to a false parallel world, and all events since have served to create a closed circle and internal coherence. Now that they have polished off their own fantasy bubble where they control the entire story, they can manipulate the emotions of its population in any way they choose. I imagine it must feel something like being a deity.

BigEyeTenor
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 am

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by BigEyeTenor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 am

I'm starting to understand how "witches" got burned at the stake.

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:06 am

Indrid Cold wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 am
C_D wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am
It was good while it lasted. The last 6 months have affected a lot of American minds deeply and troublyingly. A manic state has been induced in many and the media has continuously - and continues to - stoke the fire. The 'Russia done it' thing makes me despair.
Yes I picture the last several months as something like the sealing of a gate, or spell. 9/11 was the process that caused the initial derailment in to a false parallel world, and all events since have served to create a closed circle and internal coherence. Now that they have polished off their own fantasy bubble where they control the entire story, they can manipulate the emotions of its population in any way they choose. I imagine it must feel something like being a deity.
If you understand what makes people tick, you can choose how they tick. Indeed, it must feel deity-like. So much so that they just have to show it off. How clever it all is.

Da Vinci knew:
There are three classes of people;
those that see
those that see when shown
those that do not see.

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 am

batipsto wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:00 am
Note the unfurling pizza-related developments, over there...
It's been pretty much dismissed, eh? Though it's pointless (almost) to discuss it - it appears tarnished beyond redemption now - it has raised awareness and shall continue to do so, one hopes. Roll on the next one - at some point the evidence will become overwhelming.

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 am

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 am
I'm starting to understand how "witches" got burned at the stake.
Yeah. Not nice. Ugly as fuck, actually.

User avatar
deep state
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by deep state » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Burned for being "witch-hunters."

BigEyeTenor
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 am

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by BigEyeTenor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:49 pm

I was thinking more like Russian = witches.

User avatar
Harvey
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Harvey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:07 pm

BigEyeTenor wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm
I always felt Barracuda might be. But that's just my rigorous intuition tingling. No evidence.
I had the same feeling from around 2011. Based on his management tendencies, the issues he chose to discreetly downplay and the reasons offered.

User avatar
Harvey
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by Harvey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 pm

batipsto wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 pm
one of the prominent, articulate posters there was allegedly once based out of the church where Theremy spent one of their last nights...
Was that disclosed on an RI thread and if so do you happen to have to have the link handy ? Don't worry if not, it would just be convenient to get the context in mind. If it's a pain in the arse, or a private discussion you had with someone, or some detective work of your own, I'm only passingly curious, don't go to any trouble. Interesting questions both.

User avatar
deep state
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by deep state » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:28 pm

At some point, "we need to talk about Theremy...."

It seems to underlie or run parallel to the RI-genesis somehow. TD blogged about RI, I believe?

User avatar
C_D
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by C_D » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Sorry to jump in with some lightweight banter, but RI is looking increasingly like a magnet for opinionated bastards that must all share the same opinion.
I liked it when different opinions were sort of tolerated, but AD and slad have pincered the entire board between them.
And it's so tense over there, all the time.
It's peaceful here. Maybe I'm getting old, but peaceful is increasingly attractive.

batipsto
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: That "other" forum ....

Post by batipsto » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 am

Harvey wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 pm
batipsto wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 pm
one of the prominent, articulate posters there was allegedly once based out of the church where Theremy spent one of their last nights...
Was that disclosed on an RI thread and if so do you happen to have to have the link handy ? Don't worry if not, it would just be convenient to get the context in mind. If it's a pain in the arse, or a private discussion you had with someone, or some detective work of your own, I'm only passingly curious, don't go to any trouble. Interesting questions both.
It was disclosed in a private conversation, so it might not be accurate. I believe one once prominent 9/11 researcher who is one of the big RI posters did operate out of that church for a time... I'm going to look into it more

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests